Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found via Online Ad...

4 posters

Go down

Found via Online Ad... Empty Found via Online Ad...

Post by Asa Yam Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Reloading scale?

Weight Range:  954 GN;
Resolution:  0.02 GN;
Stabilization time:  ~3 seconds;
Cost:  $286.00, plus shipping.

Type of sensor is unknown.  Strain gage?

Link to balance:  https://www.hogentogler.com/veritas/s63-reloading-scale.asp

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

Found via Online Ad... Empty Re: Found via Online Ad...

Post by Allen Barnett Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:11 pm

I am going to ask do we really need a scale that will weigh to 0.02 grains?  I might see it if you are loading 32 S&W or 32 ACP but is it really needed for our normal 38 Special, 9mm or 45 ACP loads? I can maybe see it also if you are loading for extreme long range rifle shooting.  But then there is the arguement that many bench rest shooters load by volume and not weight.  Asa I not picking on you this just caught my attention as this was just brought up on a reloading forum I am also on.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by USSR Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:04 pm

Allen Barnett wrote:I can maybe see it also if you are loading for extreme long range rifle shooting.
Not even then.   I shot in 1,000 yard F Class Competition for 6 years, and we worried about things other than a tenth or two of a grain of powder.

Don
USSR
USSR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:43 pm

Others may deride this little scale as a cheap joke, but I use it to check my Lyman Beam Scale (which is already said to be more than accurate enough for pistol loads). It turns on almost instantly and seems to be more than good enough. IMHO.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TBJBFRK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It also works great for sorting 32 cast bullets by weight - but I stopped doing that, as many others have said, better to spend time training rather than wasting time searching for the "ultimate" reload.

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:05 pm

You guys just verified what I was trying to impart on some tacticool internet warriors.  I am also of the opinion that +/- 0.1 is close enough for almost all applications in shooting.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:59 am

My impression is that Veritas scales have a decent reputation and are a great deal for the money, but I have no direct experience with them. They were near the top of my list when I was looking for a more accurate scale last year when the A&D FX120i went on sale for <$500.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down