Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magnus #204 .32 bullets for loading

4 posters

Go down

Magnus #204 .32 bullets for loading Empty Magnus #204 .32 bullets for loading

Post by kohlerpartsgod 2/4/2021, 4:30 pm

Has anyone used these for 32SWL loads? I see the Speer #4600 mentioned most often but I have used Magnus for .45ACP and been very happy. Thanks

kohlerpartsgod

Back to top Go down

Magnus #204 .32 bullets for loading Empty Re: Magnus #204 .32 bullets for loading

Post by fc60 2/4/2021, 6:37 pm

Greetings,

Sized 0.313" they would work well in the SIG P240.

For a Pardini HP, of recent manufacture, ask if you can buy them in 0.314" or 0.315".

Better yet, try to buy them "as cast" and grease them yourself.

Why??? Because you can cull out the defective ones prior to greasing.

Once greased, all the defects are concealed.

The bullet is very similar to the H&G 66, Saeco 323, and RCBS 32-98-WC. All three are capable of ten ring at 50 yards.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Magnus #204 .32 bullets for loading Empty Re: Magnus #204 .32 bullets for loading

Post by Wes Lorenz 2/4/2021, 8:37 pm

I had good results with them in my GSP. A fellow shooter had really good scores with his Benelli.

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by kohlerpartsgod 2/8/2021, 11:06 am

Thanks, they are listed as .314. 
“Greasing them” that is new to me, can you advise what grease to use and how to apply. Thanks

kohlerpartsgod

Back to top Go down

Post by NuJudge 2/8/2021, 11:59 am

I am not FC60, but I do a lot of casting and lubing of Lead bullets.  There are three main ways to lubricate a cast or swaged Lead bullet:  various types of "dip" or "swish around" lubricants, various sorts of greasy or waxy lubes that go in big grooves on the bullet, and various coatings that are applied as a powder then baked on in some fashion.  

The oldest system for lubing cast or swaged bullets is to cast or swage big grooves in the bullet, and somehow fill those grooves with a greasy or waxy (or both) "lubricants".  Centuries after their use started, debates rage as to whether these "lubricants" actually are primarily lubricants.   

NRA and most experimenters found out long ago that swaging a cast bullet down in diameter usually has bad effects on accuracy.  Still, many machines which stuff "lube" in those grooves, also swage down at least some of the bullets to a smaller diameter.  The most common machines to do this are the Star and the Lyman.  

The lube I use most often is the "NRA formula", which is 50% Beeswax, and 50% Alox 2138F.  Alox Corporation was long ago acquired by Lubrizol Corporation, but continues to market some products under the "Alox" name.  Lubrizol stopped making Alox 2138F long ago, substituting Alox 350, which was minus some microcrystalline wax, but otherwise the same.  Both are chemically classed as Calcium Soaps, with excellent corrosion fighting qualities.  This bullet lube is chemically not a grease, but like the Federal Police Power, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, maybe we will call it a duck, even if it is clearly not a duck.  There are lots of discussions about possible lube formulas on websites such as Cast Boolits.    

There are other bullet lubricants which are at least partly lubricant, or partly grease, and go in big grooves.  There are others which are rather thin, and one either dips the bullet in, or dribbles some liquid on the bulk of bullets and swishes them around, then spills them out to dry.  We generally call these "dip lubes".  Finally, there are some that come as a powder, originally in boring colors, but now in any color you can imagine.

NuJudge

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 2/8/2021, 3:18 pm

Greetings,

I did write to Magnus and they replied saying the bullets are available in 0.314".

You may have to telephone and ask.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down