Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gimme that SLAB!

4 posters

Go down

Gimme that SLAB! Empty Gimme that SLAB!

Post by Dehumanizer Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:01 pm

Anyone that has read my posts knows I am always looking to find the perfect grip. I am a fan of volquartsen and have the laminated grip on my SW22. When I put my scorpion together I looked high and low for a way to put a grip on the 22/45 frame. I figured I would try a sleeve first to get an idea of finger placement. I was shooting with it on Saturday and was averaging around 85 a string. But that damn sleeve kept getting in the way of the magazine and twisting. I was losing my mind. I finally ripped it off and shot the last string without it. BOOM a 94 on a rapid fire string. Wait... What?

So I go back to the range to sight in my sig Romeo 5 (I am constantly changing my sights trying different things) slow fire 25 yards 5 shots 3X's and 2 10s... Then my gun stopped working because my sear spring got hung up somehow and got bent. Tried to fix it @ the range but ran out of time. Then I get home and swapped out the spring in 15 minutes... Go figure.

Going again tonight and I hope the success continues. 

Someone told me when I first posted here not to worry about grips. I am starting to believe them. I will post my result from tonight if work doesn't have me working late.

What is it for you ergo or slab grip?

Dehumanizer

Back to top Go down

Gimme that SLAB! Empty Re: Gimme that SLAB!

Post by Dehumanizer Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:27 pm

Shot pretty well. Worked on my 50 yard and concentrated on my follow through. So it appears I will be sticking with my slabs. For now. We will see how they fare in 90 degree Florida weather.

Can't wait for next weekend Wink

Dehumanizer

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:16 pm

Out of curiosity what is a SW22?
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:37 pm

S&W Victory?

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:44 am

Or a 41, 46 all the 17 's or an actual S&W Model 22. Like this one. I was just curious which one slabs fit.Gimme that SLAB! 20180118
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dehumanizer Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:04 am

SW22 is a victory

Dehumanizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick H. Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:50 am

Along time ago some really good shooters told me it takes at least 1000 rounds per change to really see a difference and if it helps you or hurts you.  Case in point, a gentleman just sold his brand new Sig P210 Target after only putting 200 rounds thru it claiming it didn't shoot any better than his other pistols.  He never gave himself a chance "to grow into" that pistol and really get familiar with it.  Same goes for any other changes one makes such as sights, grips etc.  Make a single change and shoot the gun, never make multiple changes unless absolutely necessary.

Rick H.

Rick H.

BE Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dehumanizer Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:35 pm

Rick H. wrote:Along time ago some really good shooters told me it takes at least 1000 rounds per change to really see a difference and if it helps you or hurts you.  Case in point, a gentleman just sold his brand new Sig P210 Target after only putting 200 rounds thru it claiming it didn't shoot any better than his other pistols.  He never gave himself a chance "to grow into" that pistol and really get familiar with it.  Same goes for any other changes one makes such as sights, grips etc.  Make a single change and shoot the gun, never make multiple changes unless absolutely necessary.

Rick H.
That would require me to stop buying things. What's the fun in that? Smile

Dehumanizer

LenV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down