Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Conversions - lock back version comparison

+2
Jon Eulette
John Dervis
6 posters

Go down

Marvel Conversions - lock back version comparison Empty Marvel Conversions - lock back version comparison

Post by John Dervis 6/20/2021, 8:46 pm

I have been thinking of getting another Marvel conversion and was leaning towards a lock back version this time since every other gun I own will lock back on the last shot.  I’m interested in opinions between the aluminum and steel versions.  What are some positives of each?  Any negatives to consider?

Thanks for any insight.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Marvel Conversions - lock back version comparison Empty Re: Marvel Conversions - lock back version comparison

Post by Jon Eulette 6/20/2021, 9:06 pm

Steel version has a true notch notch Aluminum has aluminum protruding out to give it more surface area. The aluminum lock back will tear itself up over time and then you; nasty burr. Steel version cycles slower so recoil impulse is different. I would avoid the lock back aluminum slide. I prefer my old non lock back and steel slides. I also do not lock back my steel slides. Just my preference.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Marvel Conversions - lock back version comparison Empty Re: Marvel Conversions - lock back version comparison

Post by zanemoseley 6/20/2021, 10:05 pm

Marvel has a new option where they mill the aluminum slide then fit a hardened steel stop in place, it bolts into the slide. Jon is correct if you use a aluminum slide by itself you'll get a burr going in short order. I've never shot a steel slide model but would like to try one.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Kp321 6/20/2021, 10:13 pm

Do yourself a favor and try a Nelson.

Kp321

dieselguy624 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JIMPGOV 6/21/2021, 7:11 am

JOHN, I HAVE A STEEL SLIDE VERSION AND THE CONVERTED ALUM SLIDE ALSO. IF YOUR BUYING NEW, DEFINITELY GET THE STEEL VERSION . IF WANT TO TRY EM LET ME KNOW. NEXT TIME YOUR OUT THIS WAY CALL ME. JP

JIMPGOV

Back to top Go down

Post by BEA 6/22/2021, 9:32 pm

I currently have 2 Marvel conversions.  Both are aluminum, one being a lock back and the other not.  The lock back is the newer model with the steel insert and it works fine.  However, I elected to cut the tab off the slide stop so it no longer locks back.  That is just my preference.  If I ever want to go back I just need to get a new slide stop.  I have had 3 Marvels and they have all worked great.

BEA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down