Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazos .32 bullets

4 posters

Go down

Brazos .32 bullets Empty Brazos .32 bullets

Post by lablover Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:16 pm

Has anyone tried these with the Pardini .32 acp. Seems to be a 78 gr coated round nose.  I have some just delivered and was curious if anyone has starting loads with this bullet and any observations.  I’ve tried the t&b and get ok results.  This is for indoor shooting at close range. 25 yards or 50ft.

Thanks
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Brazos .32 bullets Empty Re: Brazos .32 bullets

Post by hurt Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:27 pm

You will be fine at those distances! I shoot 1.4 N 310 at 25yards and 1.7 at 50 yards. Pretty decent groups (ten ring anyways at 50 yards). I got 1K of .313 and 1 K of .314. Minimal testing showed a preference for .313 in my gun.  You may want to pick through them…i found numerous cavities, partial fills, and imperfections. The low cost is attractive and performance of gleaned bullets is good.

hurt

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:12 am

hurt wrote:You will be fine at those distances! I shoot 1.4 N 310 at 25yards and 1.7 at 50 yards. Pretty decent groups (ten ring anyways at 50 yards). I got 1K of .313 and 1 K of .314. Minimal testing showed a preference for .313 in my gun.  You may want to pick through them…i found numerous cavities, partial fills, and imperfections. The low cost is attractive and performance of gleaned bullets is good.
That’s good to hear.  Thank you for the load info. The batch I got was .314 but I could easily size some to .313 to test as well.

This will be mostly for 25 yards or 50 ft indoor.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:49 pm

I have shot a few.   Swaged all of them to .314 hollow base, Keith nose.   I like them, but they have a bit more pop than the 64 grain T&B with the same powder charge.  1.4 sounds about right.  
    The coating seems ok.  I think the best coating on bullets I have found so far are Bear Creek and Penn.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:48 pm

Schaumannk wrote:I have shot a few.   Swaged all of them to .314 hollow base, Keith nose.   I like them, but they have a bit more pop than the 64 grain T&B with the same powder charge.  1.4 sounds about right.  
    The coating seems ok.  I think the best coating on bullets I have found so far are Bear Creek and Penn.
We have to try again to touch base. I sort of fell off the planet. Lol. The extra pop does not concern me.  As I’m looking for a new mold besides the t&b design

Thanks for the input
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:58 pm

I have had some trouble feeding in the magazines with T&B loaded light. I ended up putting 22 springs in them to stop the alabis. However never had an issue with the heavier Brazos in the factory mags with the factory spring. So there is that.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:05 pm

Schaumannk wrote:    I have had some trouble feeding in the magazines with T&B loaded light.  I ended up putting 22 springs in them to stop the alabis.   However never had an issue with the heavier Brazos in the factory mags with the factory spring.  So there is that.  
Good tip.  While back I made a 3D insert for the .32 magazine and never had a problem since.  Can’t remember if I sent you any

Do you have a oal you used for the brazos?
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:24 pm

lablover wrote:
Schaumannk wrote:    I have had some trouble feeding in the magazines with T&B loaded light.  I ended up putting 22 springs in them to stop the alabis.   However never had an issue with the heavier Brazos in the factory mags with the factory spring.  So there is that.  
Good tip.  While back I made a 3D insert for the .32 magazine and never had a problem since.  Can’t remember if I sent you any

Yea, but probably can’t tell you what it is.  Remember mine have been run through the swager, and had a hollow base added so they are considerably longer than yours and with a pronounced shoulder.   Just load to spec in a standard reloading manual and you should be fine, with the round nose bullets.   No shoulder to get hung up in the lans and grooves.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:32 pm

Schaumannk wrote:
lablover wrote:

Yea, but probably can’t tell you what it is.  Remember mine have been run through the swager, and had a hollow base added so they are considerably longer than yours and with a pronounced shoulder.   Just load to spec in a standard reloading manual and you should be fine, with the round nose bullets.   No shoulder to get hung up in the lans and grooves.
I came up with .901….ish
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:39 pm

These bullets shot in my .311 bore 10 twist 32acp barrel easily held X at 25 yds from hand. Shot on call at 50 yds. Will eventually machine rest them. I like them a lot.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

lablover likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:53 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:These bullets shot in my .311 bore 10 twist 32acp barrel easily held X at 25 yds from hand. Shot on call at 50 yds. Will eventually machine rest them. I like them a lot.
Jon
Fabulous news. Thanks Brother
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down