Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions please on John's Gunsmithing in McArthur, California

5 posters

Go down

Opinions please on John's Gunsmithing in McArthur, California Empty Opinions please on John's Gunsmithing in McArthur, California

Post by docderm Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:17 pm

Hi, 
Would appreciate your reports of first hand experience with his work. I found him online and would like further input. 
Goal would be accurizing revolver and 1911 pistols. 
Thanks
Doc Derm

docderm

Back to top Go down

Opinions please on John's Gunsmithing in McArthur, California Empty Re: Opinions please on John's Gunsmithing in McArthur, California

Post by PMcfall Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:39 pm

Never heard of him but that really doesn't mean anything.  What I do know is that we have several here on the forum that are as good as they come and I wouldn't hesitate to send mine to them.
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Opinions please on John's Gunsmithing in McArthur, California Empty Re: Opinions please on John's Gunsmithing in McArthur, California

Post by docderm Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:35 pm

Hi, Phil
Is there a list somewhere of the recommended gunsmiths on the forum?
Thanks.

docderm

Back to top Go down

Post by PMcfall Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:52 pm

Hi Doc
Some here on the forum include Dave Salyer, KC Crawford, and Jon Eulette.  I'm probably forgetting someone but I've got the excuse of old age.  Also, above the want ads in the Commercial Row section, there is a sticky of recommendations posted by forum members which will help you.
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:33 pm

In selecting a gunsmith it's a good idea to ask about their work. BUT!!! remember one thing the answer you get depends on the person responding! It wouldn't help if you get advise from an average shooter that shoots his gun at tin cans once a month. The best advice will come from the person shooting the same type match as you and this being a Bullseye forum I would limit the responses to Bullseye shooter only assuming you intend to shoot Bullseye! Then comes which Bullseye shooter, I'm sure this will piss a few off  Rolling Eyes but the best reply will come from those that are either High Master or Masters! To compete at that level the gun has to be in top condition done by a gunsmith that has been doing work for Master and High Master shooters! Being your in CA I would talk to Jon, he is a High Master and works on his guns. I'm sure he is like me in that I want to do the work that will make my gun shoot the best possible! Knowing quite a few Master and High Master shooters I have heard about or seen guns that were supposedly done by a few top names that were not done well!!! I too had work by others that resulted in problems! Top shooters have developed the skill to take a good shooting gun and produce good scores, applying that skill to a gun and not getting good results will demonstrate the gun is not preforming well and if worked on by a smith will make evident that they were not skilled enough to work on Bullseye guns! Yes a minor issue could cause a problems that is quickly corrected but it would be quite rare from a skilled smith!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:52 pm

+1 vote for Jon Eulette!

Please check this link for another one, and by very reputable shooter - https://www.photoescapeinc.com/products/aperture-rings-kit.html

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Johns Gunsmithing Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:02 am

im assuming i did at least a fair job for DocDerm, he sent me several guns and i think he was very satisfied with both quality of my work and price... LOL......

Johns Gunsmithing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down