Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Ukraine

+4
Gustavo1957
Bigtrout
wealth212
javaduke
8 posters

Go down

Help Ukraine Empty Help Ukraine

Post by javaduke Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:28 am

Folks, pardon the spam, I know it sounds like another scam phishing post, but many of you here know me in person and I promise it is 100% legit. A very close friend of mine in Ukraine is working with the local defense forces, they badly need supplies and gear, so every penny would help. Please PM me if you are willing to donate. Transferring money directly there is expensive, but I'm going to cover the transfer fees, so you can send money directly to me and I will take care of the rest of the process.

Thank you!

Eugene.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Help Ukraine Empty Re: Help Ukraine

Post by wealth212 Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:05 pm

Prayers up for your friend. But as much as I'll like to help, I'll prefer some sort of transparency or sending the fund directly to them. idk if PayPal works there tho

NB: I AM SAYING THIS WITH UTTERMOST RESPECT. I MEAN NO DISRESPECT IN ANY WAY

wealth212

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:08 pm

I completely understand. Unfortunately PayPal doesn't work here, we're still trying to figure out a reliable and reasonably priced way to transfer funds there.

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:22 am

Absolutely no disrespect here.  Give us a concrete view of transparency.  As someone once famously said, "The first casualty of war is truth."  I'm willing to donate but need more assurance.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:21 am

I completely understand your concerns, folks, there's too much fraud out there, and every time any disaster strikes, those vultures prey on good Samaritans who just want to help.
Anyway, long story short, I was born in Kharkov, Ukraine (which is all over the news now, as you know the city is under heavy attack, many buildings are destroyed and people are trying to survive without electricity, heat, water and other essentials), I left Ukraine (USSR back then) in 1991, but kept in touch with my classmate all these years. He told me recently he's working with local defense forces, and, as it usually is, they need gear, supplies, food, and all this costs money. A lot of people, including myself, often hesitate to donate to charities, because we cannot know or control how this money is used, but this is not the case. That's why I donated a lot myself and trying to reach out to everyone I know.
Now for the technical part - we tried a few different payment systems, they all failed, but apparently Monogram does work. I just got confirmation that my transfer was sent, but my friend hasn't confirmed yet that he received the money. As soon as he confirms it, I'll post an update here.
Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:13 am

My friend has confirmed that he received my transfer, so it works. Folks, please please help, as much as you can, every penny counts.

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:41 am

So how can we send you $ to go there?  

TY - Gus

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:43 am

Yes, please, PM me and let me know how do you want to send the money (cash/check to my postal address, Paypal or come to Phoenix, shoot a match with us and give me cash in person Smile)

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:51 am

PM sent

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 am

$ sent thru PayPal.  Thank you for doing this !

Gustavo1957

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:12 pm

This is situation may have formerly been a political discussion but with a single act of useless war, has become a humanitarian one.

My wife is of Ukranian descent (and my daughter as well!) and this has affected her deeply. We attended a rally today sponsored by the Ukranian Association of North Carolina and after talking with the organizers, came away with a solution for those that want to help in some way.

https://razomforukraine.org/razom-emergency-response/

This is large group and a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and was recommended by them as a trusted donation point.

If you can’t help in the most direct way through javaduke for whatever reason, then consider helping in another fashion.

Shout out to the NC Ukranian Association:  http://ncua.inform-decisions.com/
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:56 pm

Hello,

This went very smoothly :  https://razomforukraine.org/razom-emergency-response/

Sent $150 and wish I could send guns and ammo too.

Thank you for sharing !  Ukraine needs all the help they can get. 

My mother of Lithuanian decent and father of German who were both NAVY VETS during WW2 would be sick over this.

Gustavo1957

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:32 pm

My wife’s grandmother and twin sister became assistant machinists just like Rosie the Riveter, helping war production in WWII.  Her grandfather and two great Uncles were in the Army and Navy at that time as well.  One of those uncles born in Ukraine, the others born in America not long after their parents immigrated.

First generation Ukranian-Americans AKA Greatest generation Americans.

Donated to javaduke and Razom.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:19 pm

My Dad left the Army as Captain about 1947.  My pistol coach and mentor left the Army as LTC in 1963.  Both said, separately, never trust the Russians.
(meaning the leaders, not the people)
Jack H
Jack H

chopper and RodJ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:20 pm

Thank you Will for allowing our forum to support this needed effort. A big thank you to Eugene "Java" for getting this ball rolling.
 I can't sit idling by and not do something for this country. I too am 2nd generation from Poland (grandmother) and also Ukraine (grandfather), they grew up about 40 miles from each other.
 I sent $$$, but would love to send them arms and supplies too.
Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:14 am

My friend gave me permission to post these photos here - a huge thank you to all who helped with purchasing this gear and supplies!
(my friend is on the right, along with his military service dog Smile)))
Help Ukraine 2022-011
Help Ukraine 2022-010

javaduke

SingleActionAndrew and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:45 am

chopper wrote:I sent $$$, but would love to send them arms and supplies too.
Stan

My wife listened to a radio interview with the head of Razom, the Ukranian fundraising group I mentioned earlier. She said that the most important item they were in need of was food. The fastest way to get food is with money and purchasing that food is where a large share of their donations are applied.

So feel good that you are helping someone that is fighting by helping keep them and their family fed.

Thanks for the great pics javaduke. Bittersweet happiness all around, I have no doubt.

willnewton
willnewton
Admin

chopper, Gustavo1957 and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:19 pm

willnewton wrote:
chopper wrote:I sent $$$, but would love to send them arms and supplies too.
Stan

My wife listened to a radio interview with the head of Razom, the Ukranian fundraising group I mentioned earlier.  She said that the most important item they were in need of was food.  The fastest way to get food is with money and purchasing that food is where a large share of their donations are applied.

So feel good that you are helping someone that is fighting by helping keep them and their family fed.

Thanks for the great pics javaduke.  Bittersweet happiness all around, I have no doubt.

Thank you Will, it's money well spent. I watched the news on Fox and the women pleading for food and water, I'm very proud to help and shall continue to help every week. There's no in this world I cannot help them as much as I and my wife can.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Travlr99 Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:51 am

Thanks for posting this info.  I sent a donation to Razom.  Another way to help is through Airbnb.

Travlr99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum