Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Ammo used for a 900 Stories

+2
CR10X
Soupy44
6 posters

Go down

Most Ammo used for a 900 Stories Empty Most Ammo used for a 900 Stories

Post by Soupy44 Sun 03 Apr 2022, 2:31 pm

Was packing to shoot our sectional last night and while packing 190 rounds of ammo for a 90 shot match I got curious about how bad folks have had it with alibis, range alibis, and crossfires. 

So, what is the most Ammo you have expended to complete a 900 (or EIC NMC, or 1800, or 2700)?

Soupy44

Back to top Go down

Most Ammo used for a 900 Stories Empty Re: Most Ammo used for a 900 Stories

Post by CR10X Sun 03 Apr 2022, 2:53 pm

I once got crossfired on for every slow fire target and a few more times on the short line for the .22 Aggregate.  
And it happened some on the CF and .45 Aggregates as well.   Just ask Clark the next time you shoot his match.  

And yes, I ran out of .22 ammo and almost for the .45 ammo.  I'm sure it was more than 150 rounds for the .22 Agg and about 220 or 230 total for the combined CF / .45 Aggregates.

It was a new shooter and I did (mostly) make my way through it with generally good composure.  It was more amusing than anything else as the day went on. 

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by clark2245 Mon 04 Apr 2022, 9:09 am

Cecil was indeed rather polite about it all, more so than I think I would have been.  There is more to the story about the individual who crossfired on his targets, which I won't go into here.  Suffice it to say he is the only person I have ever invited to NOT come back to my matches.

clark2245

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Mon 04 Apr 2022, 5:22 pm

clark2245 wrote:Suffice it to say he is the only person I have ever invited to NOT come back to my matches.

We had a guy repeatedly handle his pistol with people downrange. He did it once or twice, but I seem to recall it was always another competitor seeing him doing it and gently but firmly saying, "Hey, don't do that." (You know; sometimes newbies will adjust sights or whatever while people are downrange.)

When he did it with a loaded pistol was when he was told that he was done for the day, and that if he ever wanted to come back, he was going to be on a very short leash. Haven't seen him since.

That's about the worst I've seen.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Mon 04 Apr 2022, 5:23 pm

CR10X wrote:I once got crossfired on for every slow fire target and a few more times on the short line for the .22 Aggregate.  
And it happened some on the CF and .45 Aggregates as well.   Just ask Clark the next time you shoot his match.  

And yes, I ran out of .22 ammo and almost for the .45 ammo.  I'm sure it was more than 150 rounds for the .22 Agg and about 220 or 230 total for the combined CF / .45 Aggregates.

It was a new shooter and I did (mostly) make my way through it with generally good composure.  It was more amusing than anything else as the day went on. 

CR

That's when you have everyone on the line dump 5 rounds onto his target on the first string of the last rapid fire, and then have the RO declare a range alibi Laughing
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Most Ammo used for a 900 Stories Empty Not always the competitor with questionable judgement.

Post by shooter1450 Mon 04 Apr 2022, 8:26 pm

Several years ago during 45 day at Perry, a fellow shooter next to me was having malfunction problems with a 1911. The on duty range person allowed the shooter to handle their pistol and run a bore snake through it all while everyone else was down range scoring. I commented to that range person that was not a real smart thing to do and was told he made sure the gun was clear and it was OK. Do this stuff long enough and you’ll see things that make you….
Sorry if I screwed up this topic.
shooter1450
shooter1450

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Mon 04 Apr 2022, 10:24 pm

I always bring an extra 50-100 rounds to the line. Why? If you shoot a perfect match (200-20x, 300-30x) you continue shooting 5 shot strings for bonus X's until you miss the X-ring. Gives me something wonderful to dream about the night before  Sleep
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

jwax likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down