Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sight mount for Dan Wesson PM9 or S&W 19?

5 posters

Go down

Sight mount for Dan Wesson PM9 or S&W 19? Empty Sight mount for Dan Wesson PM9 or S&W 19?

Post by Buck13 4/7/2022, 2:56 pm

I'm thinking of mounting a red-dot sight on my Dan Wesson PM9, my 6" S&W Model 19-3, or both.  Any suggestions for what sort of base or rail for these?  My only red-dot now is a Holosun on one of my MkIIs, which I like OK but I'm not married to that model.

The quicker and easier, the better, of course.  OTOH, the 19-3 is no collector's item, and I'm not unwilling to getting the rib drilled and tapped so I could leave the rear sight in place, if that makes any sense.

Buck13

Back to top Go down

Sight mount for Dan Wesson PM9 or S&W 19? Empty Re: Sight mount for Dan Wesson PM9 or S&W 19?

Post by Tripscape 4/7/2022, 6:40 pm

Reflex is the easiest mount cange on the dove cut 1911. Requires push out iron sights, push in new sight plate. I believe PM9 is Bomar, so this is the right step.forward. No way to do the tubes unless you drill for short or long rail.

https://www.egwguns.com/vortex-viper-venom-bomar-sight-mount-fits-burris-fastfire-and-docter

SW should be easier. If I remember it right the hole should exist for rail mount. Unscrew irons, screw in rail. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Weigand-Smith-Wesson-Frame-Scope/dp/B07J554KLR

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Sight mount for Dan Wesson PM9 or S&W 19? Empty Re: Sight mount for Dan Wesson PM9 or S&W 19?

Post by Black_Talon 4/7/2022, 8:20 pm

I use these on all my S&W revolvers:

https://allchingunparts.com/products/smith-wesson-mini-sts-scope-mount.html
Black_Talon
Black_Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 4/7/2022, 8:32 pm

Nice find! Must bookmark.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 4/8/2022, 8:41 am

For the PM9:
Had two pistols machined for the Chambers red dot plates, has a backup iron sight mounted in front of the optic. Have no regrets with that process and am happy with the product. Another option is to have an AccuracyX slide fitted to the frame with the multi-sight system.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck13 4/8/2022, 11:48 am

Tripscape wrote:SW should be easier. If I remember it right the hole should exist for rail mount. Unscrew irons, screw in rail. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Weigand-Smith-Wesson-Frame-Scope/dp/B07J554KLR
The Weigand website says  (most revolvers mfg after 1992 are factory drilled and tapped for this scope mount) .  Mine is considerably older than that.  I'll check again, but I've never noticed any holes in the topstrap when handling it.  In principle, I'm maybe capable of drilling and tapping it myself.  In practice, it might be a less than great idea...

Buck13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 4/8/2022, 9:18 pm

Oh, my bad, I thought -3 are drilled and tapped. If tere are no holes under top frame then it is not. 
I also forgot to mention that yes, you can cut 1911 for reflex sight, with or without a plate.  It can be useful depending on how you use the gun. I have seen cuts without a plate that sunk reflex sight very low to the bore axis, those are nice as well. I have seen cuts that make rear platform for small rail and then micro sight, which also sinks it pretty low.  It is always a function of how much money you want to throw at the pistol.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Texasref 4/9/2022, 6:48 am

I used a Vortex on a Sig 1911.
EGW makes a plate that will slide into the dovetail. Two screws force the plate up and into the dovetail for a compression fit. Use blue loc-tite on the screws and on the plate.
Mine never loosened from day one and not expensive to do.
Call them and they'll set you up with the correct plate for your slide.

Texasref

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down