Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gun box needs refurbishing

2 posters

Go down

Gun box needs refurbishing Empty Gun box needs refurbishing

Post by javaduke Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:39 pm

I have an old gun box that has seen better days, the fabric is torn, legs are missing and the piano hinge needs some tightening. Wondering if there are any tutorials on how to do it properly, what materials to use, etc. It would probably be very cost-prohibitive to send it out to someone, so I'm looking for DIY guides, pointers, etc.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Gun box needs refurbishing Empty Re: Gun box needs refurbishing

Post by javaduke Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:45 pm

On a related topic - this old box is Pachmayr 3-gun Deluxe, and I also have an excellent brand new small 2-gun box from Greg Walloch. So I started moving all my stuff from the old box to the new one, I ended up with my guns and magazines organized neatly in the new box, and there's also room for the spotting scope, screwdrivers, pens, magazines, everything else needed on the firing line - and a HUGE pile of stuff from my old box that I never used and probably never will Smile)))
Hear my words of wisdom, people, for it may save you a lot of pain and headache, especially at the matches like Perry where you need to move fast and haul everything with you - open your box, take everything out, then start putting back things that you really think you need and use every time.  Once you are done, your box will be twice as light and still half-empty Wink

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:39 pm

For the covering, look up tutorials on tolex for amplifier cabs.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum