Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you give me your take on the Ultradot Gen 2?

+2
Robuc
Tim:H11
6 posters

Go down

Can you give me your take on the Ultradot Gen 2? Empty Can you give me your take on the Ultradot Gen 2?

Post by Tim:H11 8/12/2022, 4:39 pm

So who has tried the newer Ultradot Gen 2? I'm talking about the one inch tube with a 2 MOA dot. What's your take on it? Does it have negative magnification? Does it have a clear colorless lens or is there a color tint to it? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Can you give me your take on the Ultradot Gen 2? Empty Re: Can you give me your take on the Ultradot Gen 2?

Post by Robuc 8/12/2022, 6:55 pm

I’ve been using one for a year.  The 2moa dot is crisp.  On bright, cloudless days, I’ve had to turn brightness up to 10 or 11.   There is negative magnification, similar to the Gen1 UD.

Robuc

knightimac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Can you give me your take on the Ultradot Gen 2? Empty Re: Can you give me your take on the Ultradot Gen 2?

Post by popchevy 8/12/2022, 9:22 pm

I'm using one now. I like the smaller dot, don't notice any tint and yes to the neg magnification. I also have a Sightron , can't decide witch I like better. It seems to have a larger dot.

popchevy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 8/12/2022, 9:48 pm

I have one mounted on my Model 41, replacing the previous generation 1" sight.  I like everything about it BUT FOR the negative magnification.  That I find to be annoying.  I've never yet found a similar sight, same size, length, shape, etc., with a full-size view - and if I did, my Ultradot sights would become history.

I seem to do better with the Ultradot than with my Aimpoint H-1 and H-2 sights, but that's because of the shape, and length, and weight distribution.  As a photographer, the Aimpoint is far better, as I see it.  But the length of the Ultradot seems to stabilize my gun better, in many cases.

I have two 45 guns, one with the Ultradot, and the other a Les Baer with open sights.  I still shoot better with the dot, but the difference is getting smaller as I get more used to the open sights.

On my own scale of 1 to 10, the annoyance from reduced magnification is up to a 7 or 8.  There is no reason for it.  The people at Ultradot tell me it does NOT have this issue, but (again, as a photographer) it is clearly obvious to me.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mhayford45 8/17/2022, 7:45 am

I ordered a Gen 2 a few weeks back. When looking it over before mounting it, everything was great until I looked down range at a 25 yard target and it had severe negative magnification. I would estimate a 20% reduction in bull size. I sent it back for a refund.  It was disappointing for me as I like the ultra dots; but they really need to fix this to make me want to keep and use one.

mhayford45

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 8/17/2022, 8:41 am

Might look at the 30mm Holosun 530
No reduction that I can see and clear
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down