Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone got a MatchGuns MG5 Free Pistol?

+3
rich.tullo
lyoke
zanemoseley
7 posters

Go down

Anyone got a MatchGuns MG5 Free Pistol? Empty Anyone got a MatchGuns MG5 Free Pistol?

Post by zanemoseley Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:09 am

I'm on the fence about ordering one of these for my collection. Jon seems to like his a lot but was curious if there's anybody else here using a recent production MG5. I'm LH'ed and is nice to get a correct grip from the factory, the used market for free pistols seems to be all RH'ed.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Anyone got a MatchGuns MG5 Free Pistol? Empty Re: Anyone got a MatchGuns MG5 Free Pistol?

Post by lyoke Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:10 am

I am a little biased towards this gun. I borrowed an MG5 for a free pistol match as I didn't have one. Once I figured out how to load it, it was a pretty sweet pistol. I actually won the match with it so I do have a soft spot for the gun. I was impressed with the trigger and could feel the small details. Probably doesn't help the decision too much but I was quite impressed by it with my limited experience.

lyoke

Back to top Go down

Anyone got a MatchGuns MG5 Free Pistol? Empty Re: Anyone got a MatchGuns MG5 Free Pistol?

Post by rich.tullo Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:47 pm

Saw pic online they look expensive , I do not think you can get a free one....... jocolor
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:13 pm

They sure as hell ain't free lol. But they are about $1100 cheaper than a Pardini and at least I can trust Jon to work on it.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:26 pm

Wow, I looked one up. Is this legal to use BE?

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:40 pm

Foundryratjim wrote:Wow, I looked one up. Is this legal to use BE?
Well, it's a single shot (no magazine). If you can get the trigger up to 2lbs it might make a fine SF gun but RF would be tricky!
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Might be tough for TF/RF lol. Its designed for 50m Free Pistols matches which are pretty much non-existent in the US. They removed it from the Olympics as well recently but they've been killing off the shooting sports for some time now.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:44 pm

Sight length (405mm I read) would be problematic as well with the rules
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:45 pm

SingleActionAndrew wrote:
Well, it's a single shot (no magazine). If you can get the trigger up to 2lbs it might make a fine SF gun but RF would be tricky.   

I didn't look at it long enough to see that it was a single shot.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:33 pm

Well I'm gonna give it a shot, fingers crossed. I'll report back when I get it.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfire Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:51 pm

That is one specialized pistol!

Anyone got a MatchGuns MG5 Free Pistol? Mg500m-4_1280x1280

https://gehmann.com/en/MG500M-Match-Guns-MG5-free-pistol/GEH100522

Slamfire

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:20 pm

Over time I've become both a competitive shooter and collector of all target pistols and some rifles. If I don't have at least one good example of a particular type of target pistol it ends up on my bucket list. A free pistol was further down on the list but her time is here lol. Chances are it won't be shot a ton but should be fun.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:34 pm

MG5 is pretty forgiving free pistol in comparison to the others. Toz is probably most forgiving in my experience, but I shot cases of ammunition through it vs. 5-600 rds through the MG5. Hammerli’s always had misfire issues. Not good to dry fire 10’s during a match and get worn out from shooting too many times during the match. Also gets in your head; will it fire or not? MG5 price is good in comparison to Morini, etc. I don’t use the funky weights on mine. Trigger is very consistent and probably one of the easiest to adjust because you can see what your doing vs. wondering. Factory grip is also pretty good.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down