Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying CTS Red Dot

+2
SonOfAGun
knightimac
6 posters

Go down

Trying CTS Red Dot Empty Trying CTS Red Dot

Post by knightimac 8/25/2022, 1:12 pm

Hi.

I’ve been experimenting this summer and decide to try Compact red dot from Crimson trace. It has a 4 MOA dot.  

After sighting it in at 25 yards, I shot several strings of time fire with good results. Basically holding the black with a few flyers into the eight ring. One thing I noticed with having this more compact model is that the dot tends to return naturally for me back on target after firing a shot.

Again I’m just trying some new things and this wasn’t a very expensive experiment because I had gotten the dot on a Smith AR a while ago and never really used it.  I took off the riser attached to the unit and mounted it directly onto a rail on my 1911.

I saw online these things go for under 70 bucks. I guess the tale of the story will be how well will it perform for me shooting league and matches. And of course how well will it hold up from the pounding of the 45.

Cheapie micro?  We shall see.
knightimac
knightimac

Back to top Go down

Trying CTS Red Dot Empty Re: Trying CTS Red Dot

Post by SonOfAGun 8/25/2022, 2:14 pm

knightimac wrote:...I took off the riser attached to the unit and mounted it directly onto a rail on my 1911.

Sounds interesting. Do you have a photo? Looks like it may be a very mount without that riser.

Does the dot really look 4 moa?

Let us know how it works for you.
SonOfAGun
SonOfAGun

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 8/25/2022, 8:43 pm

There was a time I did.my research on dots. CT seem to hold zero and overall good optics and electronics...marred by super short battery life relative to others, or so were the reviews. Let us know how it holds up and what model you have.

Tripscape

knightimac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxturtle 8/26/2022, 5:43 am

I have several of these.  It is true that the 2032 cells don't last long, but otherwise the sights work well.  The sight has a timer that turns it off after about 15-20 minutes, so if you are shooting a match you should cycle through the brightness settings between stages.  If it winks out in the middle of a timed or rapid fire string it can ruin your score.

Boxturtle

knightimac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by knightimac 8/29/2022, 7:04 pm

Crimson Trace 25 Compact Red Dot is the model.
Seems like same dot size as ultra dot 1”—-4 moa.
Here’s a link to website:
https://www.crimsontrace.com/products/electronic-sights/cts-25-compact-red-dot-sight/01-02030.html
knightimac
knightimac

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 8/30/2022, 12:59 am

I gave the Romeo Zero a test drive last week. it was impressive.Trying CTS Red Dot 20220812 especially considering how short the barrel  is on a P365Trying CTS Red Dot 20210611
LenV
LenV

dieselguy624, knightimac and shanneba like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 8/30/2022, 5:56 pm

Len, I put Romeo Zeros on all my carry / defense pistols and am very happy with how the dots perform. I am also very happy that I can see my sights (dot) without having to resort to glasses. Smile

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

dieselguy624 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by knightimac 9/1/2022, 5:56 pm

Update. I shot my 45 3 times since mounting this CTS 25.
Twice for practice and once on Tuesday night league. I cycled through settings between stages to avoid auto shutdown as Boxturtle suggested.
I found that I can shot similar scores to my ultra dot 1”. All in all affordable choice but better options if you have the $$$.
knightimac
knightimac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum