Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about centerfire Duello relay?

+3
Jon Eulette
DonBrummer
sigman45
7 posters

Go down

Question about centerfire Duello relay?  Empty Question about centerfire Duello relay?

Post by sigman45 Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:54 pm

Are you allowed to rest the pistol on the bench while waiting for the 7 second buzzer or are you suppose to keep the pistol hovering over the bench while waiting for buzzer to go off ? I've been shooting Center fire Bullseye matches for awhile now but really don't know what the official rules are for Duello matches are. I find that the pistol is getting heavy by the last string of fire.

Thank you for reading my post.

sigman45

Back to top Go down

Question about centerfire Duello relay?  Empty Re: Question about centerfire Duello relay?

Post by DonBrummer Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:04 pm

The gun needs to be at the ready position, meaning as close to 45 degrees as possible without touching the bench.
DonBrummer
DonBrummer

Back to top Go down

Question about centerfire Duello relay?  Empty Re: Question about centerfire Duello relay?

Post by Jon Eulette Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:14 pm

It has to be 45 degrees or less when you start your lift as target faces. It's frowned upon to rest on the bench, but some ranges have exceptionally high benches and it's almost unavoidable to not touch when lowering the arm/pistol. In the NRA rulebook they would call touching the bench "artificial support"; sections 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by sigman45 Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:31 pm

Thank you all  for answering my questions. I never asked for a rule book when i first started shooting ,so i wasn't sure what was allowed and not allowed. I always kept it at the 45 degree angle but by the 3rd string i start tiring out.
Bernie

sigman45

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:35 pm

Try it with a GSP, your arm almost falls off

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:52 pm

Wimps😂🤣😂🤣

I just shot the AZ State International CF this afternoon. That Duelling stage is hard work!

As JE advised, it is all about breathing cadence and lift control. When you get it right it is almost effortless. When you get it right!

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by msmith44 Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:32 am

sigman45 wrote:Are you allowed to rest the pistol on the bench while waiting for the 7 second buzzer or are you suppose to keep the pistol hovering over the bench while waiting for buzzer to go off ? I've been shooting Center fire Bullseye matches for awhile now but really don't know what the official rules are for Duello matches are. I find that the pistol is getting heavy by the last string of fire.

Thank you for reading my post.
Are there rules for Precision Pistol/Bullseye matches? If you are participating in an International Match, see the NRA International Style Pistol Rules, esp. Section 5 Positions and Section 6 Range Standards Equipment for shooting stations. If you are shooting CMP, my recollection is that resting is allowed but... 

-m-

msmith44

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:47 am

AFAIK, there are no CMP rules for International.

The NRA international Rules are online.

The only other rule book would be ISSF, but that is relevant to National level shooters qualifying for and competing Internationally.

AFAIK the NRA rules largely follow ISSF anyhow.

The only CMP event that requires "ready position" is EIC 22.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by msmith44 Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:53 am

RoyDean wrote:AFAIK, there are no CMP rules for International.

The NRA international Rules are online.

The only other rule book would be ISSF, but that is relevant to National level shooters qualifying for and competing Internationally.

AFAIK the NRA rules largely follow ISSF anyhow.

The only CMP event that requires "ready position" is EIC 22.
45 degree angle and the shooting hand and gun must not contact the bench, see CMP Section 5.1.1(b) even has an illustration.

-m-

msmith44

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:24 am

NRA Rulebook wrote:5.3c.25 Meter Rapid Fire Events - Rapid Fire Pistol Event,
Sport Pistol and Center Fire Pistol Rapid Fire Stages
and Standard Pistol 20 second and 10 second series.
Shooting must start from the “READY” position. In the
“READY” position, the competitor’s arm must point
downward at an angle of not greater than 45 degrees
from the vertical, but must not be pointed at the ground
within the forward edge of the firing point. The arm
must be stationary in this position
while waiting for the
appearance of the target or, when electronic scoring
targets are used, for the green lights to come on.
Highlight added by me.  You are not allowed to rest on the table and come from there up to fire a shot.  If you do rest your arm, you have to noticeably take the ready position before raising.  If you can fit a short rest into the routine and still meet the requirement for a stationary "ready" stance prior to raising for the shot, you should be OK.  But, if your rest is too long and you raise from there, it's grounds for a warning or disqualification.

The above is my interpretation of the rules.  An official referee may rule differently.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:39 am

Ed’s description is excellent. Really good DUEL shooters have double rest incorporated into the process between shots.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Question about centerfire Duello relay?  Empty Question about centerfire Duello relay?

Post by msmith44 Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:06 pm

Ed Hall's quote of the pertinent section of the NRA International Rules clarified a bit but the question pertained to resting on the bench. The bench in NRA international isn't the same as an NRA bench. The shooting position in Center Fire Pistol Match and Sport Pistol Match is open to the targets with a small table for loading magazines and resting the pistol between strings. At the load command the shooter loads the magazine and takes the Ready position. Time is given to raise the arm to check on position and the ready position is resumed. At the signal the targets which have been in the edge position turn to face the shooter for three seconds during which the shooter fires one shot and returns to the ready position. After three seconds (=/- 0.1) the targets return to the edge position. This occurs for four more sequences for a total of five shots. Shooters who raise their pistols before the targets turn are penalized and may be disqualified. 

If your'e interested in seeing this in action you might look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMjpQCQ13d8. This is a ISSF video but you can get an idea of the shooting position, the sequence of action and it does NOT differ from the NRA International Rules. If you are cross dominant watch the Russian shooter. Lot's of Pardini's BTW.

So, in answer to the question in a Duel (or Duello) course of fire there is no bench upon which to rest.

Finally, Duello was the course of fire for the Modern Pentathlon pistol discipline in 1962-64. It has since changed several times since then.

-m-

msmith44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down