Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eley Target in the Yellow Box or SK Pistol Match (Green Box) for Hammerli Xesse

5 posters

Go down

Eley Target in the Yellow Box or SK Pistol Match (Green Box) for Hammerli Xesse  Empty Eley Target in the Yellow Box or SK Pistol Match (Green Box) for Hammerli Xesse

Post by rich.tullo Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:45 am

I have been very disappointed in CCI SV , Lately and after buying a case and getting way too many duds, Definitely not the gun. I am considering getting some SK or Eley for matches. 

I am considering SK Pistol in the Green Box, Eley Bullseye, or Eley Trager. I was using the CMP Eley and the gun shot great with that stuff but alas I am out of that ammo. 

I know the SK has shot good out of my 2013 Xesse and assume its good for the new SF I bought. I just do not want to waste time with ammo that create Alibi.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Eley Target in the Yellow Box or SK Pistol Match (Green Box) for Hammerli Xesse  Empty Re: Eley Target in the Yellow Box or SK Pistol Match (Green Box) for Hammerli Xesse

Post by jglenn21 Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:24 pm

If the pistol liked the CMP Eley.then i woild just buy Eley target and go shoot
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Eley Target in the Yellow Box or SK Pistol Match (Green Box) for Hammerli Xesse  Empty Re: Eley Target in the Yellow Box or SK Pistol Match (Green Box) for Hammerli Xesse

Post by -TT- Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:02 am

I've been very happy with SK Pistol Match in my X-esse, it's not as sharp in recoil as CCI and cycles the pistol reliably.

Lapua Pistol King is even softer, and just as reliable in it, too. It's more available these days than the SK.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by steveg6 Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:16 am

I have used Eley Yellow (and Orange) in my Hammerli 280 for at least a decade and have never had a misfire or other issue.  Never.

steveg6

Back to top Go down

Post by RNS10X Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:01 pm

Greetings, FWIW I bought a case of Eley club after CMP Eley bulk became unavailable. I was surprised but my Sams 41 prefers the bulk. A friend shoots a Clark 41 and it
preferrs the bulk over the Eley Bullseye. I'm sure there lots of variables but I thought it would better if anything. I wouldn't think the lube would be too different.
I also tried part of a brick of SK match with pretty good success. Our pistol house is sort of heated but with ports opens its hard to tell. So ammo can get a little chilly
some nights which also factors in . I think I bought the club on sale for cheaper then the target was selling for at the time. Last check the CMP was down to 3 offerings
from 12. 1 is that HV .22 that's been there for what, a year? My guess is that at 5,000 or 10,000 rounds per sale. Should Eley bulk become available again, they would
move a lot of product. Rich
Rich

RNS10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down