Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a market for older Precision Delta HBWC in the Bullseye world?

5 posters

Go down

Is there a market for older Precision Delta HBWC in the Bullseye world? Empty Is there a market for older Precision Delta HBWC in the Bullseye world?

Post by RJaquith Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:19 pm

I am in the process of downsizing a lot of the reloading supplies I accumulated over the years for PPC and also dabbling in the Precision Pistol world (Jerry Keefer built me a ball gun years ago to go with my Model 41/Model 52/built Gold Cup), but life happened and I just never shot much after 2003. When I was shooting the PPC Nationals in Jackson, MS, I used to buy HBWC projectiles to carry back with me (I don't believe they are the match lube type). Anyway, before I put them up on an auction site, I thought I'd see if anyone was still shooting .38 in the Precision world before I place them out to the general populace. I understand that Precision is out of stock on their website most of the time. I even wrote the year I bought them on the boxes, thinking I would rotate my stock Rolling Eyes ! I have about 10-11K, dated from about 1992 to 1996 or so.

Is listing them on commercial row a reasonable option, or just go to an auction site?

Thanks for any input.

RJaquith

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Is there a market for older Precision Delta HBWC in the Bullseye world? Empty Re: Is there a market for older Precision Delta HBWC in the Bullseye world?

Post by james r chapman Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:22 pm

Commercial row is a good start once you decide on a price.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is there a market for older Precision Delta HBWC in the Bullseye world? Empty Member wanting pic of Keefer ball gun

Post by RJaquith Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:53 pm

I had a request via PM for pics of the Keefer ball gun (not for sale), but it appears that I do not have PM privileges due to a low post count, having just coming back to this forum after several years absence (I was a member of the old forum, but have been inactive for a few years). I will try to post a pic in the equipment discussion session when I can, but am unable to reply to the PM at this time.

RJaquith

Back to top Go down

Is there a market for older Precision Delta HBWC in the Bullseye world? Empty Re: Is there a market for older Precision Delta HBWC in the Bullseye world?

Post by Wobbley Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:02 pm

They’ll sell here for 80-100 per thousand plus shipping ($25 or so for a flat rate box).
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RJaquith Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:21 pm

Yeah, finding them (or any HBWC) for pricing seems to be a bit problematic these days. I think they are about $93/K on the Precision site, but they are out of stock, and I don't know if that includes shipping. I guess there is little demand anymore these days.

RJaquith

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:00 pm

I'm not in the market for them but am curious, do you recall what they cost per thousand back in 1992 and 1996?
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by RJaquith Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:14 pm

Wow, at my age, I have trouble remembering what day it is Laughing. It seems to me that they used to have a special deal at the Nationals, which were pretty much in their backyard down in Mississippi. I want to say $40 per K, because they could just bring them to their booth in the commercial tent/bldg for pick-up, but it's been a loooongg time.

RJaquith

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:51 pm

RJaquith wrote:I am in the process of downsizing a lot of the reloading supplies I accumulated over the years for PPC and also dabbling in the Precision Pistol world (Jerry Keefer built me a ball gun years ago to go with my Model 41/Model 52/built Gold Cup), but life happened and I just never shot much after 2003. When I was shooting the PPC Nationals in Jackson, MS, I used to buy HBWC projectiles to carry back with me (I don't believe they are the match lube type). Anyway, before I put them up on an auction site, I thought I'd see if anyone was still shooting .38 in the Precision world before I place them out to the general populace. I understand that Precision is out of stock on their website most of the time. I even wrote the year I bought them on the boxes, thinking I would rotate my stock Rolling Eyes ! I have about 10-11K, dated from about 1992 to 1996 or so.

Is listing them on commercial row a reasonable option, or just go to an auction site?

Thanks for any input.
Gary Hutchison from PG MD, now in NC still shoots PPC. I haven't a clue what his inventory may be. I think I recognize your name from long, long ago.

Martin Johnson
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by RJaquith Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:11 am

Marty,

Thanks for the suggestion - he was my first thought. I actual spoke with Hutch back on March 28th about this stuff and some cases of red box Federal that I still have before I tried to move it elsewhere, but he declined, saying he thought he had enough for his purposes. I'm still trying to figure out inventory and a price point for this stuff right now.

RJaquith

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:05 am

FYI
this case (2000) of Remington HBWC’s sold in March ‘23 for $250.

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t21088-s-p-f-wts-remington-148gr-hbwc?highlight=Remington
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:07 pm

RJaquith wrote:Marty,

Thanks for the suggestion - he was my first thought. I actual spoke with Hutch back on March 28th about this stuff and some cases of red box Federal that I still have before I tried to move it elsewhere, but he declined, saying he thought he had enough for his purposes. I'm still trying to figure out inventory and a price point for this stuff right now.
I thought that was you! Long long ago. Over 40 years for me. Send me a PM or email allgoodhits at yahoo.com with what you have and pricing. I am in NOVA. I may take what ever you have.

Cheers my friend.

Martin
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down