Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box

+6
Wes Lorenz
lonegunman
STEVE SAMELAK
jshank
expendable
Mhamrick
10 posters

Go down

Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box Empty Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box

Post by Mhamrick 5/28/2023, 3:23 pm

Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box 1ea32510
Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box 552fdf10Does anyone happen to recognize this box? I recently acquired it and have had no luck finding the maker or specifics on it. Thanks in advance!

Mhamrick

Back to top Go down

Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box Empty Re: Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box

Post by expendable 5/28/2023, 5:42 pm

If I had to guess, which I am, I would say someone built it for themselves from a set of plans.

expendable

Back to top Go down

Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box Empty Box maker?

Post by jshank 5/28/2023, 7:03 pm

Clearly home made, you can tell by the sides being made from 3/4" material.  The only questionable item is the plack with a 22 cartridge.  I don't know how that was made.

jshank

Back to top Go down

Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box Empty placque

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 5/30/2023, 7:26 am

jshank wrote:Clearly home made, you can tell by the sides being made from 3/4" material.  The only questionable item is the plack with a 22 cartridge.  I don't know how that was made.
Antique store drawer pull & some epoxy??
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box Empty Re: Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box

Post by lonegunman 7/6/2023, 5:11 am

My Dad made a very similar box in the late 1950's only with thinner sides.  His pistol rack was nicer but he was a cabinet maker.  I'm guessing a set of plans was in an American Rifleman or similar magazine because you see a lot of those boxes.

I always liked the infamous Borne Bedroom Nightstand pistol box from the early 2000's.  During the off season, it holds your lamp and alarm clock.
lonegunman
lonegunman

james r chapman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz 7/6/2023, 7:21 pm

I remember that night stand. Almost as tall as Doc...........

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 7/7/2023, 9:00 am

Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box Img_2010
cdrt
cdrt

ermakevin and SingleActionAndrew like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by shanneba 7/7/2023, 10:05 am

Here is a link to a two drawer gun box set of plans I found a while ago-

Gunbox Construction Plans by Dick Flagg (starreloaders.com)

Trying to identify the maker of this Bullseye box Gunboxmains

shanneba

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 7/7/2023, 11:42 am

There are clubs throughout the country that work in wood and a lot have members that will take commission work.  There are plans out there for pistol boxes that could easily be made by a local woodworker.  If people would be willing to lay their guns down in a foam recess (like those used in Pelican cases) then “gun boxes” could be relatively customizable.

A list of such clubs
https://www.finewoodworking.com/2012/10/22/woodworking-clubs-directory
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 7/7/2023, 2:10 pm

I got ahead of myself with the earlier post. The gun box plans are in an NRA publication titled Gun Cabinets, Racks & Pistol Boxes. The gun box plans are on two pages. If anyone wants them, send me a PM with your email address and I'll email you the pdf files.

I have one made from the plans that is decades old. My only observation, the plans are "pre-red dot", so you might want to make the box slightly bigger, especially taller, by a few inches.

Last edited by cdrt on 7/7/2023, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by swissyhawk 7/7/2023, 3:38 pm

I just noticed who wrote those plans!

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down