Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canatek Gunworks Pistol Box

+9
Rodger Barthlow
L. Boscoe
WesG
bruce martindale
BE Mike
brdrgrd
Rotwang
zanemoseley
Amanda4461
13 posters

Go down

Canatek Gunworks Pistol Box Empty Canatek Gunworks Pistol Box

Post by Amanda4461 9/8/2023, 5:50 pm

After looking at several BE pistol boxes recently, and finding gear that has been worn out from 40 or more years of use, yet folks place $350/to $450 sentimental value on them, I am ready to buy a new box. 
I keep looking at the Canatek web pics, and like what I see.
Outside of the steep price, are these boxes being used and are they of quality build?
If there are problems with the construction or customer service, I will keep looking. Compared to many of the used and often times worn out boxes that I have seen, the price for new quality is something that I can deal with. At least they cost less than a new Range Officer. Barely.
😥
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

Back to top Go down

Canatek Gunworks Pistol Box Empty Re: Canatek Gunworks Pistol Box

Post by zanemoseley 9/8/2023, 6:53 pm

Personally I'd hold out for a nice condition used Strong Case made from aluminum. You could try posting a WTB in the commercial row here. Their pictures don't show a lock to hold the lid open but I didn't read their entire gigantic description.

zanemoseley

DA/SA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotwang 9/8/2023, 7:44 pm

Their description says that each box comes with a clamp to hold it open and steady

Rotwang

Back to top Go down

Post by brdrgrd 9/8/2023, 8:44 pm

This year at Camp Perry a carpenter by the name of Jason Steele had a beautiful 4 gun wood box for $350. The case was made of wood and was not very heavy. His number is 616-889-6438.

brdrgrd

Amanda4461 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 9/9/2023, 9:23 am

I have a 2 gun Precision Pistol Box that is in excellent condition that I'd sell. It has a Kowa scope and Larry's Guns scope mount with extended arm. I bought it not long before I retired from the game. Let me know if you might be interested.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 9/9/2023, 6:50 pm

Stickers are used to hold many gunboxes together…just sayin.

I just saw a poster for the Canadian boxes today and they did look impressive and innovative

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG 9/9/2023, 7:58 pm

BE Mike wrote:I have a 2 gun Precision Pistol Box that is in excellent condition that I'd sell. It has a Kowa scope and Larry's Guns scope mount with extended arm. I bought it not long before I retired from the game. Let me know if you might be interested.
I might be interested if Amanda passes on it. Which Kowa scope? And what would you be looking to get out of it?

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by L. Boscoe 9/9/2023, 8:23 pm

I have one of the Canatek boxes. Very well built, not cheap.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow 9/9/2023, 9:38 pm

BE Mike wrote:I have a 2 gun Precision Pistol Box that is in excellent condition that I'd sell. It has a Kowa scope and Larry's Guns scope mount with extended arm. I bought it not long before I retired from the game. Let me know if you might be interested.
PM sent
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Canatek Gunworks Pistol Box Empty I own a Canatek Box

Post by RuckusD 9/10/2023, 12:40 pm

To answer the OP's question, I bought one of these boxes about 2 years ago.  It's very well made, the hardware is good and the finish is first rate.  I wanted to be sure that the tray would fit my pistols, so I had several email exchanges with the owner/builder.  He was very responsive and obviously wanted me to be happy with the box.  The negatives - it's not light and the cost of shipping from Canada was significant.

RuckusD

Allan Campbell and Amanda4461 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by targetbarb 9/10/2023, 6:12 pm

Amanda - maybe consider a non-traditional approach, especially if you may be transporting gear by air at some point.  If you send me a text at 9096413580, I'll send you photos of the Pelican case set up for my bullseye box.  A traditional pistol box gets HEAVY once even 2 pistols, ammo, mags, scope, tools etc are added.  Most weight nearly as much as my case (20 lbs), once gear is added they'll top out at 45+ pounds and don't have wheels.

targetbarb

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda4461 9/11/2023, 6:17 am

Folks,
Thanks for the info!
I looked on fleabay for the umpteenth time, and found a few old Pachmayr and Hogue boxes for sale, so I bid on a couple. I have two being shipped at the moment. 
If the boxes work out, I save several hundred $$. If not, I’ll give them away at the range to a couple of youngsters, and buy the Canatek. Being retired allows options Canatek Gunworks Pistol Box 1f60b
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

Single_handed likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 9/11/2023, 6:56 am

Be aware that older boxes, such as many of the Pachmayr boxes, may not accommodate scoped pistols. Not enough height above the pistol shelf.

Keep looking for a Strong Case.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 9/11/2023, 7:55 am

I am personally not a fan using the gun boxes for transporting guns. I use them to keep all the things that I would need on the line, think oil, screwdriver, scope, sight black, ect. Using this method, I find the older boxes work fine. I keep guns in a pelican case. Two things to carry to the line but it splits the weight up a bit.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down