Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scope rings

5 posters

Go down

Scope rings  Empty Scope rings

Post by hengehold 9/19/2023, 4:32 pm

I have a match point II and am going to mount it on a 1911 45acp. The rings that came with the scope split vertically and I want the ability to remove the scope without total loss of a zero. 

Are there any rings that you recommend?

I prefer less weight than more weight in the rings. 

Thanks,
-Trevor

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Scope rings  Empty Re: Scope rings

Post by jgolba 9/19/2023, 6:40 pm

I have Ultradot Matchdot II red dot sights mounted on a 1911 .45 ACP and on a Nelson .22 conversion. For these pisitols I chose not to use the vertically split rings supplied with the sights. Instead, I used Weaver Four Hole Skeleton rings. These may not be the lightest rings, but they sure appear to do a great job mounting these sights securely.

jgolba

Back to top Go down

Post by JRV 9/19/2023, 9:31 pm

My UD split rings, installed exactly as set out in the manual, failed at my last outdoor match. No issues on .22, but they came loose after about 1,200 soft wadgun loads.

I am using steel Burris rings now. Can’t imagine that “steel fasteners torqued into steel rings with a small amount of blue Loctite” is going to present durability/vibration problems when compared to “steel fasteners torqued into aluminum.”

JRV

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 9/19/2023, 10:01 pm

I like the Monstrum Aluminum low horizontal split rings.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BW4PR3WR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

They have options for both Weaver and Picatinny rail slot spacings. Good price, very fast delivery from Amazon.

I've got several pairs on 1911's, Pardini's and various others. All work fine.

RoyDean

hengehold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis 9/19/2023, 10:08 pm

When I used dots, I used Burris Zee rings and would recommend them.  They are made of steel so probably heavier than aluminum models but they never loosened up and hold zero pretty well if I had to remove them.  I still use these rings on some rifles I have.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down