Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO, this is a vintage Colt National Match

4 posters

Go down

NO, this is a vintage Colt National Match Empty NO, this is a vintage Colt National Match

Post by Cmysix Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:36 pm

This is my fathers bullseye pistol, He and this pistol missed the 62 summer Olympics by 1X,  The pistol started it's life as a "junk grade" CMP buy at $7.50, it was taken into the RIA in an armorers lunchbox it came out of the RIA in the same lunchbox.  $35 was exchanged and this is what my dad got.  The frame dates to 1918 and is the only tNO, this is a vintage Colt National Match Dscn1110NO, this is a vintage Colt National Match Dscn1110hing not marked NM. several others came to be this way as the story goes.
Cmysix
Cmysix

Amanda4461, RoyDean and SaraiEsq like this post

Back to top Go down

NO, this is a vintage Colt National Match Empty Re: NO, this is a vintage Colt National Match

Post by Amanda4461 Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:57 pm

Less than the cost of a box of today’s target loads🤦‍�
I hope you use it as he did.👍
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

Back to top Go down

NO, this is a vintage Colt National Match Empty Re: NO, this is a vintage Colt National Match

Post by Cmysix Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:05 pm

Amanda4461 wrote:Less than the cost of a box of today’s target loads🤦
I was the product of a divorce, So I was not raised by him but started a relationship later in life, I have the bug now, so I am counting on the rest of you to get me to the Olympics.
Cmysix
Cmysix

mbmshooter, Amanda4461, shanneba, SaraiEsq and targetbarb like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:48 pm

Cmysix wrote:
I was the product of a divorce, So I was not raised by him but started a relationship later in life, I have the bug now, so I am counting on the rest of you to get me to the Olympics.

Quinn,

This is just m opinion but I would save and cherish that RIA-modified 1918 pistol rather than using it to compete.  It is truly a piece of history!

Mike

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmysix Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:03 pm

mbmshooter wrote:
Cmysix wrote:

Quinn,

This is just m opinion but I would save and cherish that RIA-modified 1918 pistol rather than using it to compete.  It is truly a piece of history!

Mike

I have another one my dad and I assembled on a sub$300 Fusion frame with a Remington Rand slide and a NM barrel and bushing, it ASSEMBLED as tight as my fathers gun, he was blown away by the quality of the Fusion frame.
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by NuJudge Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:05 pm

My father left me the pistol his commander gave him in Panama during WWII, also a 1918 frame.  It was rebuilt there in Panama, and twice more later.  He shot it in .45, until he could not shoot any more.  He wanted me to shoot it.  Since his passing, I have shot the heck out of it, but only with a .22 Marvel conversion on it.

NuJudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down