Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leg Points

+4
SteveT
Merick
Rush223
dieselguy624
8 posters

Go down

Leg Points Empty Leg Points

Post by dieselguy624 Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:41 am

I have a question about EIC legs.  I shot a 22 EIC match in late August and was the top non-distinguished shooter.  There were 9 non-distinguished shooters in all and 1 distinguished shooter who had the highest score. Several people have told me I should get points for this match. Is that true?

Thanks

Dieselguy624

dieselguy624

Back to top Go down

Leg Points Empty Re: Leg Points

Post by Rush223 Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:46 am

If your score was 260 or higher you should get 6 points.  The CMP rule book is available on line and has all the rules.

Rush223

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:53 am

Presuming you fired a minimum credit score you should get 6 points, a silver medal for 2nd place in the match, and a bronze eic medal for your first points.  However these things may take a while to appear (ie months) because I think it is just 1-2 people that sort through all cmp event score cards and the worst of the hand writing.

Merick

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:00 am

You also need to have a CMP competitor number.

You will see the match results and your results by creating an account on the CMP competition tracker https://ct.thecmp.org/.

The match director needs to send the results to the CMP, then they tend to batch process all the results every month or so. If you are lucky they will be posted very quickly, but sometimes it takes a month or two before you see them online.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Rush223 Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:12 am

Link to rule book. Around page 65 for the Distinguished program. 

https://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2023PistolRules.pdf?vers=030923

I would guess around 3-4 months to get the medals and official notice. The match results will be posted in the CMP Competition Tracker is 2-3 weeks and specify EIC points awarded.  

Congratulations on the points.

Rush223

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:38 am

It depends on how quickly the match director sends in cards to an extent too, I just got results for a match shot in mid August. For all those who complain about how long it takes, give your fellow competitors grief about neatly filling out the score cards. I will admit that my handwriting is not the best, but I have made it a point to take an extra few seconds to make it neater.
chiz1180
chiz1180

john bickar and SaraiEsq like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:35 pm

Takes about 2 months in my recent experience. I didn't have a CMP ID but was issued one a couple summers ago after shooting my first EIC match. They sent me a card in the mail. I also got an email from CMP when my most recent results posted
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:11 am

chiz1180 wrote:For all those who complain about how long it takes, give your fellow competitors grief about neatly filling out the score cards. I will admit that my handwriting is not the best, but I have made it a point to take an extra few seconds to make it neater.

As someone who does wayyyy more data entry for matches than a HM should, I concur with this. I often wonder how some people with handwriting like this can seemingly hold down stable jobs, own homes, or even tie their shoes in the morning, let alone keep any of their shots in the black.
john bickar
john bickar

Allgoodhits, chiz1180, Motophotog7, TargetPistolGuy, RoyDean and targetbarb like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dieselguy624 Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:49 am

I guess I spoke too soon, just got the email from CMP and I did receive 6 points.  Thanks guys!

Pat

dieselguy624

mbmshooter, Jon Eulette, cdrt, Allgoodhits, Arthur, chiz1180, sfcrobertson and shanneba like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:54 pm

Congratulations dieselguy624.

Skid

dieselguy624 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down