Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accuracy X

+6
Amanda4461
Allgoodhits
SW-52
Rush223
mspingeld
james r chapman
10 posters

Go down

Accuracy  X Empty Accuracy X

Post by Tallthinliar Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:24 am

Hello. Does anyone have experience with the Accuracy x  .45 ?  I’ve seen the videos with the bench rest , but was wondering how it shoots in real life. I currently have a Gold Cup and was considering an upgrade. Not sure it is worth putting the time and effort into mine.

Tallthinliar

Back to top Go down

Accuracy  X Empty Re: Accuracy X

Post by james r chapman Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:54 am

Mine.
Accuracy  X Fef67710

This was their Pro Plus
I like the option of switching out sights for dots easily.
Very accurate with both jhp and lead.

Probably somewhere just below an true custom job.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Steve B and BE Mike like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:12 am

Accuracy X guns are among the best you can buy and their customer service and support are second to none. That's from personal experience. The multi-sight option is genius.

mspingeld
Admin

Arthur and Thin Man like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rush223 Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:40 am

I’m currently shooting their Pro Plus in 45 and expecting an X series in 9mm and day now. Almost 5000 rounds through the gun and it has functioned perfectly. Earned EIC points in the NTI at Perry in the rain earlier this year. +1 on the multi-sight option. I shoot iron but my vision is going fast so optics is in my future.
And Stacey and Steve are great people. I had dinner with them at a match a couple of years ago. They like to hear from their customers after the sale to.
If you go that route talk with Steve to ensure you order what you want. For example I’m left handed and the safety intefers with my hand. So Steve suggested a reduced size one. Kind of obvious with the gun in your hand but nice to get it right before you get the gun.
Rush

Rush223

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:40 pm

I have a Accurized Range Officer by Kc + a Accuracy X Multi sight slide, the best of two worlds. Stacey and Steve are great and the customer service is 5+ stars.
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:41 pm

I have 3 Accuracy X 1911s. One a 9mm is Pro Series and it shoots a tad under 2" @50yds. The other two are X Series and they shoot 1.5" or less at 50 yds. One of those is a .45, the other is compensated .38 Super.

The .38 Super is a Bianchi Gun. The other two have the Multi-Sight system. The Multi-Sight system is a great feature for versatility. However, if one intends to scope it, I prefer the full length Multi-Sight rail. Otherwise, with the MicroRail you are limited to the Aimpoint H1/H2 or red dots with that mounting pattern. With the full length Multi-Sight rail one has total flexibility for optic mounting.  Having said that, I have the Micro-Rail with Aimpoint H1 on the 9mm and I like it. That gun has a full length dustcover and slide that blends with the dustcover. That, and the smaller hole in the barrel adds weight to the forward end of the gun. After shooting the 9mm, is when I switched out the MicroRail on the .45 to a full length rail and mounted an Aimpoint Comp 3. That combo on the .45 balances very much the 9mm set up that way. Note, I have another .45 wad gun (Jon Shue) which has an H! mounted aft on a Kodiak mount. It is an outstanding gun, very accurate, however I find it easier to shoot guns with more muzzle weight.

Suffice it to say, Steve Huff at Accuracy X arguably may not build the best, most accurate 1911's in the world, but I would suggest that the list of his equal is a very, very short list.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Amanda4461 and hengehold like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda4461 Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:52 pm

I decided to see if the Accuracy X upgrade to my stock Springfield MilSpec would impress me enough to spend the money for an X-series. It impressed me alright.
Over 2500 rounds of LSWC handloads, not a single failure and it groups quite well. I need to put a KC Kustom roll trigger in it, to replace the stock unit. The Multi-Sight system is fabulous. Fit and finish is quite impressive.
I doubt my ability to hold a tight group will catch up to this pistol’s capabilities for quite some time.
Add me to the list of folks who enjoy dealing with Steve and Stacey.
Attachments
Accuracy  X Attachment
IMG_0016.jpeg You don't have permission to download attachments.(232 Kb) Downloaded 30 times
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

brdrgrd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:39 pm

Guess it depends if you get a good AXI gun or not.... Mine wasn't so good, sent it back and got it back in a worse shape. At a recent match the gunsmiths were amazed that AXI let it go out the door without being corrected twice!!! Typical comment was, "I never seen anything like that before."

I would hands down recommend a RRA gun instead or a rebarreled and worked over Springfield Armory/Colt.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by ermakevin Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:20 pm

Saw a shooter with one of the X pistols this year at Perry, he shot really good groups i was jealous that i could not afford one, i decided to have Chuck fix my RRA 
nuff said.
ermakevin
ermakevin

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:23 pm

Last edited by hengehold on Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:30 pm

I have used an AXI Pro Plus in 45acp for two seasons now. I like it so much that I ordered a second one. Of all the options for custom made 1911 BE guns I decided on AXI for the following reasons:

1. Delivery time. Only takes 6 months from order placed to gun delivered.
2. Accuracy guarantee with test target.
3. Multi sight feature. I planned on getting distinguished then putting a dot on it. The multi-sight slide is modular and allows me to swap back and forth from irons to scope. Additionally, the modular nature of it allows for the use of several different scope rail options. By contrast, KC Customs makes a gun with a Aimpoint mounted at the back of the slide and that is what you are stuck with as opposed to being able to move it forward and backwards on the rail to play with the balance. With the multi sight I have tried several different mounting options and multiple types of sights in order to get an idea of what kind of balance and recoil impulse I prefer.
4. Customer service. I can’t say what this is worth in terms of dollars, but there is definitely a high degree of value in their customer service. I purchased my first BE pistol from them and they gave me great advice when I had to make decisions to place my order. After the purchase was made I have called them several times asking advice about how to set up the gun/scope/ammo/ect for BE and they have been very responsive, knowledgeable, and friendly. I am sorry to see someone post earlier that they had a bad experience. However, I would be shocked if AXI provided a product that was less than satisfactory and refused to correct a mistake. Just about anyone in a cottage industry will appreciate the opportunity to correct a mistake rather than have an unhappy customer.

Other brands: The RRA guns seem very nice after handling them at the vender row booth at Camp Perry and they are built and ready to ship asap. Lastly, in addition to making BE guns, John Shue hosts week long classes where he teaches you how to build your own 1911 at his shop using parts & tools that he provides. You leave at the end of the week with a top notch BE gun that you built and test fired under his instruction. Pretty cool experience if you have the interest and the time. 

Good luck with your decision,

-Trevor Hengehold

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by ermakevin Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:03 pm

hengehold wrote: John Shue hosts week long classes where he teaches you how to build your own 1911 at his shop using parts & tools that he provides. You leave at the end of the week with a top notch BE gun that you built and test fired under his instruction. Pretty cool experience if you have the interest and the time. 

ok folks were do we find info on John's Classes? thanks
ermakevin
ermakevin

Amanda4461 and retus223 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:32 am

ermakevin wrote:
hengehold wrote: John Shue hosts week long classes where he teaches you how to build your own 1911 at his shop using parts & tools that he provides. You leave at the end of the week with a top notch BE gun that you built and test fired under his instruction. Pretty cool experience if you have the interest and the time. 

ok folks were do we find info on John's Classes? thanks
JonathaneshueATyahooDOTcom
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Tallthinliar Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:09 am

Thank you all.

Tallthinliar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content