Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pardini-sp22-be-dry-fire-plug?

+4
james r chapman
SingleActionAndrew
Zippy
strip3y
8 posters

Go down

pardini-sp22-be-dry-fire-plug? Empty pardini-sp22-be-dry-fire-plug?

Post by strip3y Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:23 pm

I have the 6" version of the Pardini SP22 BE coming soon, what is the best way to dry fire this gun? I have been shooting a Ruger MKII and dry firing it for years without a plug because the firing has an cross-pin to keep the firing pin from striking the breech face. If the Pardini has a suspended firing pin also why is a plug needed. I have been shooting my Marvel conversion with a dry wall screw in the chamber and cocking the hammer. If i cannot do this with the Pardini, what plug is needed that is not too cumbersome?

strip3y

Back to top Go down

pardini-sp22-be-dry-fire-plug? Empty Re: pardini-sp22-be-dry-fire-plug?

Post by Zippy Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:35 pm

They generally ship with one of these https://www.pardiniguns.com/store/product_info.php?keywords=dry%20fire&sort=2a&products_id=871. I've dryfired my thousands and other than losing one they last forever.

Zippy

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:41 am

As Zippy says the SP22 should come with One dry fire plug. Which also doubles as the empty chamber indicator.

You may want to buy several. They don't really wear out. And I haven't lost one yet. But it would be a big blow to lose one. I don't think it's wise to dry fire without one.

The SP22 if you ever accidentally drop the hammer on an empty cylinder is a bit difficult to cock. Using a drywall anchor might protect the pin and the barrel, but using the factory plug short strokes the hammer and it's much easier to reset the hammer using it in practice and between strings at a match.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:58 am

Y3D printed Pardini plug

pardini-sp22-be-dry-fire-plug? 6535cf10
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:38 am

Good Morning:

I have the pardini supplied plug but found it annoying when it frequently fell out of the chamber when racking the slide.  got tired of picking it up off the floor so I grabbed a AR 15 empty chamber indicator like this one:

Boonie Packer Chamber Checker Safety Flag Polymer Yellow 5PK (midwayusa.com)

Then I whittled it down such that it fit tight in the barrel with the bolt about 1/4 inch to 1/8th inch from the breach with the long finger down the barrel.  It stays in place when racking the slide.  

One of the gun club's that I am a member purchases them by the case and distributes them liberally so I grab a couple, whittle them down correctly, and pass them out to my fellow bullseye shooters.  They work with most semi auto pistols with a little bit of custom modifications.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:03 am

CrankyThunder wrote:Good Morning:

I have the pardini supplied plug but found it annoying when it frequently fell out of the chamber when racking the slide.  got tired of picking it up off the floor so I grabbed a AR 15 empty chamber indicator like this one:

Then I whittled it down such that it fit tight in the barrel with the bolt about 1/4 inch to 1/8th inch from the breach with the long finger down the barrel.  It stays in place when racking the slide.  

One of the gun club's that I am a member purchases them by the case and distributes them liberally so I grab a couple, whittle them down correctly, and pass them out to my fellow bullseye shooters.  They work with most semi auto pistols with a little bit of custom modifications.  

Regards, 
Crankster

I found leaving an empty mag in keeps the plug in place.  The only time I have an issue is without the mag inserted.
Toz35m
Toz35m

james r chapman, Jwhelan939 and gantipas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:36 am

Regards, 
Crankster
I just wrapped some plumber teflon tape around the tip of the plug so that it sits tight in the chamber. Smile

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:36 am

Good Ideas and/ or suggestions TOZ and JAVA!

Lotsa options out there.  good to have a choice for what works best for you.  

you guys have a good one!

Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

pardini-sp22-be-dry-fire-plug? Empty Your suggestion , to leave an empty pardini mag in keeps the plug in place , works very well. Thanks.

Post by gantipas Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:08 pm

Toz35m wrote:

Regards, 
Crankster

I found leaving an empty mag in keeps the plug in place.  The only time I have an issue is without the mag inserted.

gantipas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down