Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FTF on SW 52

2 posters

Go down

FTF on SW 52 Empty FTF on SW 52

Post by L. Boscoe Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:27 am

Twice now I have had my 52-2 stop firing, with no marks on primers, and twice I sent it to the gunsmith
who twice has found nothing wrong.  When at the range, it quit firing after several mags of good shots
failed the pencil test and the gunsmith went through the pistol and could find no problems. Firing pin was fine
springs seemed to be ok, but they did not change anything as they don't have springs for this gun.
It now shoots a bamboo stick all the way across the shop.
My idea is that the springs are at fault, and one of them gets kinked and gives the problem.
Ideas most welcome.  This is not ammo related-happens with factory ammo as well as my own loads.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

FTF on SW 52 Empty Re: FTF on SW 52

Post by LenV Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:59 am

I would look at the safety. When the safety is on a metal bar drops between the hammer and the firing pin. Everything else still works. It might be creeping into the wrong position. Just a thought.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by L. Boscoe Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:09 pm

Len, you got it. It has happened on my 41 as well, and stupid did not
think of it.  Cost me $74. I discussed the situation with the guys at the smith and that was the consensus, which makes it the only right answer.

L. Boscoe

LenV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum