Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
John Dervis
BE Mike
GavinLee
7 posters

Go down

New member Empty New member

Post by GavinLee Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:09 am

I have been monitoring this site for several years and just joined in. There is so much knowledge here!
About me:
I got started in bullseye in 1971 when I was a 25yo single male. I bought a Hamden High Standard 107 Trophy and a Colt Gold Cup. I shot about a 100 rounds a day all winter mostly with the .22. Marriage the next summer and life got busy and the bullseye guns got put away. Just before Covid I kinda eased back into it and have been having a wonderful time of it. I started back with a Smith & Wesson M57 .41 mag with an 8 3/8 barrel shooting full wadcutters over 5 gr. of W231 and using my High Standard which has been just sitting all these years in the .22 class. I have been shooting open sights where almost everone else are using optics. I bought a Springfield Range Officer .45 acp about 4 years ago but have only shot it occasionly. At 78 yo I am on a mission to retire the revolvers (they seem to be getting heavier)  and go with a Ultra Dot match dot on the .45 and try to figure what route to go in .22 since putting an optic on the High Standard would be difficult. 
That's about all there is about me, just an old guy having a fun time and meeting some great people!

GavinLee

BE Mike, chopper, Sc0, PhotoEscape, shanneba, jmoore, Single_handed and JHHolliday like this post

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post by BE Mike Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:48 am

Welcome! Here is an option for scope mounting your Hi Standard: https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/handgun-parts/handgun-barrels-parts/match-barrels-for-high-standard/?sku=530100102
BE Mike
BE Mike

GavinLee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:18 pm

Welcome to the forum. Interarms in Texas has (or at least used to have) a scope mount that would fit the barrel Mike posted. They probably have a barrel that would work too if you want to keep it all on one order. 

Good luck.
John

John Dervis

GavinLee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinLee Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:29 pm

Thank you for the responses. I am looking into the barrel option from Brownells. It's not too expensive and might do what I need to do at least for now. Even though the gun is over 50 years old it is like new since it just sat all of those years and is very reliable. It is a little fussy about ammo, but a lot of the semi autos are to some extent.

GavinLee

Back to top Go down

Post by schurminater Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:16 am

Welcome!!

schurminater

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:23 am

GavinLee wrote:Thank you for the responses. I am looking into the barrel option from Brownells. It's not too expensive and might do what I need to do at least for now. Even though the gun is over 50 years old it is like new since it just sat all of those years and is very reliable. It is a little fussy about ammo, but a lot of the semi autos are to some extent.
My experience is with the aluminum shrouded LSP barrel and scope mount. I liked the lighter weight of that barrel. It was more accurate than the original barrel and the scope mount was great.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinLee Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:37 am

Thank you BE Mike. I'm thinking about putting in the order for that  barrel and mount. I like the idea of the lighter weight since I have a Match Dot ready to go on it. Funny how the further I get into my 70's how heavy some of these guns (seem like) are getting. I have been shooting 8 3/8" Smith & Wesson "N" frames, but they are getting a bit much.

GavinLee

BE Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmoore Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:06 am

Here's another vote for the LSP combo. It's not all that light, just in comparison to the all steel version.

jmoore

Back to top Go down

Post by Single_handed Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:12 pm

Welcome!  Would like to come to your neck of the woods and shoot a match!
Single_handed
Single_handed

Back to top Go down

Post by whitel Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:40 pm

Welcome

whitel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down