Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about Presidents Hundred pistol match

+6
mbmshooter
james r chapman
Skid
RoyDean
chiz1180
LRS Guy
10 posters

Go down

Questions about Presidents Hundred pistol match Empty Questions about Presidents Hundred pistol match

Post by LRS Guy 2/18/2024, 10:50 am

Gents,

Been lurking a bit, I have a terrible desire to shoot in the President's Hundred pistol match. I have shot allot of pistol over the years, from IDPA to Cowboy Action as well as carring a handgun for a living. I want to shoot this match, but I live in the middle of nowhere Missouri. There are informal bullseye matches which I have been attending. Which is fun. 

But I have some specfic questions regarding the PH. 

1. Do you have to compete in NRA sanctioned matches to move up to be able to compete at Camp Perry?

2. Can you registar and just show up to compete in the President's Hundred?

I know these sound like dumb questions, but I have not been able to get an answer anywhere else. I have even called Camp Perry and not been able to get anyone to answer. I appreciate any help I get.

LRS Guy

Back to top Go down

Questions about Presidents Hundred pistol match Empty Re: Questions about Presidents Hundred pistol match

Post by chiz1180 2/18/2024, 12:02 pm

1.) The NRA no longer has its Nationals at Camp Perry, their match is in Atterbury, IN. The National Matches is a CMP sanctioned event. You do not need to "qualify" to be able to shoot the match, but if you are new to the match format, shooting other matches helps a new shooter understand the basic procedures. Highly recommend reading the CMP Pistol rule book.

2.) Yes you can register and show up to compete in the P100. However it would be good to show up with prior match experience so that you have an understanding of how the course of fire works and scoring procedures. I have shot the P100 next to someone previously that hadn't fired a match before (the P100 was his first match) and he was fairly overwhelmed with the procedure and was not as prepared as he probably should have been, for example he didn't have a pen to record score, nor did he know the scoring procedures.

If you want to shoot the P100 and are making the trip and are able to do so, I would recommend shooting the whole week. Lots of great people and top notch competition.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Richard Ashmore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Questions about Presidents Hundred pistol match Empty Re: Questions about Presidents Hundred pistol match

Post by RoyDean 2/18/2024, 12:05 pm

LRS Guy,

As far as I know.

1. No you do not have to have any previous sanctioned match record.

2. Yes, you just enter (CMP online in due course). Pick up your "packet", get your gun checked by any of the on-site armorers, show up on time and shoot.

Good idea to practice at both 50 and 25 yards ahead of time - obviously! Get familiar with ammo, sights, etc.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid 2/18/2024, 12:43 pm

Also The Presidents 100 is a 40 round match. 2 slow fires at 50yds and your timed and rapid at 25yds for a possible 400pts. Go and have fun.
                                                      Skid

Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 2/18/2024, 1:43 pm

And

Iron sights only..
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS Guy 2/18/2024, 3:09 pm

Thanks guys! 

I'm really excited to give this a try. I have a local match this week. I'll likely be asking allot more questions as time goes by.

LRS Guy

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter 2/21/2024, 3:12 pm

LRS Guy wrote:Thanks guys! 

I'm really excited to give this a try. I have a local match this week. I'll likely be asking allot more questions as time goes by.
LRS Guy -

As others have already stated, the is a 40 shot match:  Two 10-shot targets at 50 yds., one timed-fire and one rapid-fire match at 25 yds.

Check the CMP website for their Pistol Rules to check the allowable equipment, i.e., pistols and ammunition to ensure you will be using
the "right stuff".

If case you haven't previously participated in sanctioned competitions, competitors on the line will pass their scorecards to the person on the right who will then score your target.  You will receive the scorecard from the person to your left and will score their target.  You will add each course of fire, then add all of  them for a match total, then sign the card you have scored as the Scorer.

You will receive your totaled card at the end of the match and, if you agree with EVERY SHOT, you will sign as the competitor.

The P100 is a great match!  I will suggest that you also register for the NTI (National Trophy Individual) match that immediately follows the P100.  This is a traditional 30-shoot NMC format in which you can earn points toward a Distinguished Pistol Badge.

Both the P100 and NTI require using an "authorized" pistol with a trigger pull of at least 4.0 lbs. and iron sights (no optics).

Enjoy!

Mike

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 2/22/2024, 4:02 pm

Be prepared to stand out in the middle of a 150 acre field in the pouring rain with several hundred of your closest friends. Laughing
john bickar
john bickar

STEVE SAMELAK, PMcfall, Arthur, chiz1180, Thin Man and JRV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PMcfall 2/23/2024, 12:30 pm

If you come to KC to shoot, there will be several who have shot in the Presidents 100 and will help you out anyway you need.  "The middle of nowhere"???  Really?  Smile
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Porter 2/23/2024, 12:48 pm

CMP and the AMU run a Pistol Small Arms Firing School (SAFS) the Monday (July 15, 2024) the week prior to the NTI and the P100 on Saturday July 20,2024. I would strongly suggest shooting in SAFS and the other matches run daily during the entire week to get acclimated to shooting at Perry on the big wide open firing lines. Port Clinton and Camp Perry are an experience you should not rush. Showing up Friday night and leaving Saturday afternoon doesn't do it justice. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uCgLkHYEv4XWO1GXwGy3aoQfICXkFh1dms9-NqWNB6U/edit#gid=1886805592

Jeff Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by TomahawkBonk 3/24/2024, 9:49 am

One of the great things about bullseye that I love is that you are actively shooting most of the time. I dont mind pasting and resetting action pistol stuff but shooting is better. Like you I live in an area where I have to drive a couple/few hours to shoot any comp so its nice to have more time on the line. I got into BE to straight up badge chase, but have come to find its my straight up preferred shooting sport. Highpower has nice Zen too it too though- but more of o logistical PITA to practice though. Anyway welcome and fair warning P100 may be a gateway drug!

TomahawkBonk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down