Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colt Ace Magazines in a Marvel

3 posters

Go down

Colt Ace Magazines in a Marvel Empty Colt Ace Magazines in a Marvel

Post by DIDON1972 2/20/2024, 2:44 pm

So I came across some new old stock of colt ace magazines, not sure what version or how old they are, Will they work in the newer Marvel unit 1 Steele conversions? They insert fine, and they lock back, just haven't shot with one yet. Not sure if I need to do any modifications to make them function 100% reliable. Colt Ace Magazines in a Marvel Colt_m10
Colt Ace Magazines in a Marvel Coltma10

DIDON1972

Back to top Go down

Colt Ace Magazines in a Marvel Empty Re: Colt Ace Magazines in a Marvel

Post by Jwhelan939 2/20/2024, 3:13 pm

I just purchased a few of the new old stock mags. I had to adjust the lips to Marvels specs, but other than that they work great in my steel marvel. They do not lock back for me, but I am okay with that.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by DIDON1972 2/20/2024, 3:41 pm

Jwhelan939 wrote:I just purchased a few of the new old stock mags. I had to adjust the lips to Marvels specs, but other than that they work great in my steel marvel. They do not lock back for me, but I am okay with that.
How do I find the correct specs on the lips and do you need a special tool? also, I loosened the slide and pushed the slide stop pin out a hair so it wasn't too tight against the frame, enough to slide a piece of paper between frame and slide stop, worked and locks back fine now, at first it didn't. Maybe give that a try.

DIDON1972

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 2/20/2024, 4:00 pm

https://guntalk-online.com/images/Marvel_Functioning.pdf This pdf gives the specs. I just use a big flathead screwdriver and then a ceramic stone to polish the lips.

Jwhelan939

samtoast and AlEg like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis 2/20/2024, 9:53 pm

Colt mags are all I use.   Used an aluminum marvel (non lock back) for years and about two years ago switched to a steel lock back model and they work fine.  I haven’t used the lock back followers yet though so my unit doesn’t lock back.  Ironically one of the features I wanted most was the lock back but I have yet to use it and don’t really miss it. I didn’t realize the mags should be adjusted to work with Marvels but my original conversion came with them so they were likely adjusted from the factory. 

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down