Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speaking of eclipses what about this new Holosun?

+3
STEVE SAMELAK
Wobbley
JHHolliday
7 posters

Go down

Speaking of eclipses what about this new Holosun? Empty Speaking of eclipses what about this new Holosun?

Post by JHHolliday 4/2/2024, 10:04 am

https://holosun.com/products/red-dot-sight/scrs/scrs-rd-2.html

Any experience with it? Any ideas how to mount it lower on a Pic rail than their mount shown?

Thanks in advance
JHHolliday
JHHolliday

Back to top Go down

Speaking of eclipses what about this new Holosun? Empty Re: Speaking of eclipses what about this new Holosun?

Post by Wobbley 4/2/2024, 10:23 am

There isn’t a way, at least from Holosun.  I’d also note that Holosun states that it’s designed for long guns and is for low mounts basespd on 509 adaptors for RMR cuts…. So… it’s not going to be easy.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

ermakevin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Speaking of eclipses what about this new Holosun? Empty LOWER

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 4/2/2024, 10:25 am

JHHolliday wrote:https://holosun.com/products/red-dot-sight/scrs/scrs-rd-2.html

Any experience with it? Any ideas how to mount it lower on a Pic rail than their mount shown?

Thanks in advance
It appears that you can just remove the riser block & mount it directly to your rail.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Speaking of eclipses what about this new Holosun? Empty Re: Speaking of eclipses what about this new Holosun?

Post by JHHolliday 4/2/2024, 10:29 am

I wondered that too.  I emailed Holosun this question and if they report back I will report back.
JHHolliday
JHHolliday

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 4/2/2024, 12:09 pm

At that price point, are you guys serious? No, no, NO! Buy an Ultradot 1" 4moa with a cheap set of horizontal split rings.

Seriously!

RoyDean

ermakevin and chiz1180 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/2/2024, 4:00 pm

At one time all I used was Ultradot, but they seemed to drop the ball especially in the larger diameter scopes. 1" might still be good. Being I was impressed with the review of the CVLIFE review of the cheap $30 3-9 X 40 rifle scope and purchased a Ultradot size red dot very cheap on ebay $31. I looked and they have quite a few micro red dots on the CVLIFE site, looks quite good but it's about $130 to $170 Other types on their site are cheaper but I'll determine how good the one I purchased in a few days.
https://www.cvlife.com/collections/dot-sight

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax 4/2/2024, 6:21 pm

Beware of the degree of parallax in these, or any dot scope.
First thing out of the box is to set the scope on a table at your arm-length away, and look at the dot on a fixed distant object. Now move your head- did the dot move? if so, your point of aim is dependent on your head-to-scope position. Not good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in8qj4Xvb3Q
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/2/2024, 6:46 pm

First thing I do before mounting the scope is check Parallax. I purchased the CVLIFE scope to do exactly that! Because too many red dots are being used on the AR rifles they have parallax adjusted at 100 yards. As I said I expect the scope to be on my junk pile. I did get a few Bushnell red dot scopes but they had Parallax. I sold them to a guy at the club that didn't care! Have a few other known brands that are also on my junk pile! That 3-9 scope test I listed a link for did quite well in testing and was only $30. I expect to be disappointed in the results I get with the red dot but I'm willing to give a try and throw away $32! I do have a few high end scopes like the Aimpoints and Leupold but they piss me off with their night vision settings! Almost purchased a Trijicon red dot but when I seen it had night vision I canceled the order!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 4/2/2024, 10:09 pm

Outside of parallax at a certain price point component quality is diminished to meet the price point. Anything less than $100 will have cost saving measures that probably correlate to longevity durability issues. Why buy something that has a high probability of being junk?
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/3/2024, 2:06 am

Reason to gamble on the probable junk item was the review I watched on CVLIFE 3-9 X40 scope. If it wasn't for that video I would not buy the item! On the other hand I did buy 2 Russian red dots, well built and very little parallax at 50 yards, none except when dot was at extrema edges of the view. However they were a lot more than $30. At worse I'll sell it to one of the action pistol guys at the club! Some time ago I seen a Chinese copy of the Aimpoint H2 on ebay, looked exactly the same. Was thinking about buying it but all was removed from ebay. Years ago I bought Illusion red dots, looked exactly like Untradot 1" but had parallax. I found that by adjusting the objective lens parallax could be removed at 50 yards. Maybe I can adjust CVLIFE scope that looks somwhat like Aimpoint's Patrol Rifle or Carbine.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 4/3/2024, 4:50 am

Sorry, but I'm a bit confused with the trend of this thread - maybe I missed something? The OP included a link to a ("new"?) Holosun SCRS RD 2 micro dot that looks similar to the SIG Romeo, etc., format. What surprised me in that link was the MSRP of $270.58. Hence my comments about a UD 1". I went through a phase of using Romeo's and various similar others all at around the $100 retail price point - they all worked well and were reliable - I know several folks who swear by them.  Don't understand why this new Holosun should be about 3x the price? 

But now the discussion seems to be about sub-$100 or even $30 knock-off red dots?

It happens that I've lived most of my adult life in Asia, particularly Thailand. The primary AirSoft shopping mall in Bangkok has many stores offering all kinds of knock-offs. The prices have increased recently, but when I first started tinkering with pistols in USA a few years ago I bought several cheapo dots just to try. I found them to be fine for airsofts or even 22's, but unlikely to survive on a 1911. Just like KO golf clubs, there are several "grades" of KO dots available, but the more expensive ones that the vendors suggest are more reliable get up quite close to the MSRP of the cheaper legit  brands on the market in the USA. Simply not worth bothering with any of the KO's except for tinkering IMHO. YMMV!

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/3/2024, 5:51 am

My point was that the scope mentioned by the OP was quite expensive. In addition Wobbley and the link mentioned it was a rifle sight. I have found that most red dots since the AR craze have lousy parallax some because they are adjusted at 100 yards! One thing that implies poor parallax is the mention of co-witness. I also agree that most of the air soft sights are not very good, some are plastic! I'm thinking there is a better red dot scope out there for less money than the OP SCRS-RD was looking at. Granted I went off on a tangent with the $32 scope I purchased but I mentioned CVLIFE had red dot scope similar to what the OP was looking at in the $170 to $130 range. Yes as I mentioned cheap scopes are air soft type not intended for gun powder type arms. But as I mentioned that site I posted in another topic I started and impressed by the results in the Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf4-WhxzXQE
Guy seem to do a good job evaluating a cheap $30 CVLIFE scope on .22 rifle, CF rifle and few shots on a .375H&H, quite beyond airsoft! I also mentioned it might be nothing more than someone being paid to promote the sight! Because of that I decided to try the version I mentioned. Yeah I'm probably wasting $32 but willing to see what I get so that maybe the higher dollar versions might be worth looking into!
  In reality putting a cheap sight on a high-end pistol like a Pardini, AW93 or Accuracy X 45acp is kinda dumb and why I have top quality scopes on my High-end pistols. However what angers me at the scopes I have is they have night vision settings! I therefore refuse to put on a red dot for my additional pistols that have night vision capability! I'm nearing completion of my .22 conversion and looking for a scope for it but all I find have night vision!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down