Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to buy

5 posters

Go down

Looking to buy  Empty Looking to buy

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2024 12:28 am

Hello, I have a pachmayer range box that had the old type of scope mounted in it but looking for a height adjustable version since I'm 6-2 it messes up my position to have to crouch down to look thru it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks 
MS

Back to top Go down

Looking to buy  Empty Re: Looking to buy

Post by Froneck Wed May 29, 2024 8:15 am

Simply put get a spotting scope mount similar to the Gil Hebard and have someone, maybe yourself, make a longer Aluminum bar. I did one long ago for a fellow shooter that was 6'-8". I like the Gil Hebard type with the serrated washers to prevent movement.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2024 8:17 am

Never heard of that one I'll Google it thanks !!

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Wed May 29, 2024 11:31 am

Run a search for Scope Mount and you will come to this recent thread:- it is possible that the vendor might be willing to make an extra ling bar 

New build! Replacement Pachmayr Scope Mount - Custom machined to fit drill holes - pin held instead of friction

It amazes me how few folks bother to actually search for things on this wonderful forum. Laziness, I guess.

Last edited by RoyDean on Wed May 29, 2024 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed May 29, 2024 11:32 am

Try scope +mount
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2024 12:24 pm

RoyDean wrote:Run a search for Scope Mount and you will come to this recent thread:- it is possible that the vendor might be willing to make an extra ling bar 

New build! Replacement Pachmayr Scope Mount - Custom machined to fit drill holes - pin held instead of friction

It amazes me how few folks bother to actually search for things on this wonderful forum. Laziness, I guess.
Not sure who your calling lazy but if it’s me your out of line and I’ll leave it there unless you’d like to continue the conversation?

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Wed May 29, 2024 1:01 pm

Whoops, my mistake.

Tried to offer some helpful guidance, but obviously not appreciated, and engendered a confrontational response instead. OK, sorry, my bad.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2024 1:35 pm

Calling someone lazy that’s looking for help is not what I consider gentleman like manners by the way I did search but when you don’t know what it is your looking at them you ask for help !

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Wed May 29, 2024 1:36 pm

I don't think asking other members of a forum dedicated to bullseye (precision) shooting help on selecting gear needed to shoot the matches or practice is wrong! I used Gil Hebard type simply because he passed away so it may not be available in new condition. Doing so I didn't recommend other similar type makes just the style. Weather indexing the angle by friction, pin or serrations is up to the user, I think serrations is best and pin next best. However that's my opinion!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Centerline Wed May 29, 2024 1:58 pm

You might also consider getting a scope with an angled neck that you can look down into instead of stooping and looking straight forward. I added an L-bracket to mine so it can mount on the bottom. You can also look at camera gear for brackets, arms, etc. They are the same mount and there's a lot of it out there.

Centerline

Multiracer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2024 2:01 pm

RoyDean wrote:Whoops, my mistake.

Tried to offer some helpful guidance, but obviously not appreciated, and engendered a confrontational response instead. OK, sorry, my bad.
What did you expect thanks for calling me lazy ?

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed May 29, 2024 3:22 pm

Enough of that.
Search function provides a wealth of information, but few take the time to use it properly.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2024 3:39 pm

james r chapman wrote:Enough of that.
Search function provides a wealth of information, but few take the time to use it properly.
You can close this thread I found what I was looking for somewhere else very easy without the b.s. here I would never treat anyone like some did here even if I thought they were lazy or a pain in the ass I sleep well at night do you ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Wed May 29, 2024 3:51 pm

Searching the web will provide quite a bit of results some good some Bad! Recommendations from those like us with the same interest is quite a bit better! Evey advertiser claims his product is best but those that have witnessed, tested or use the product can give an honest evaluation. I have searched items only to find information I want is not provided, possibly in this topic length is not provided nor is the possibility that a request to increase length is possible! Most of these items are being advertised by a dealer not the maker so it's not possible to get information on extending length if needed! Unless the item is made by a small company I doubt modification is possible. I think RoyDean makes a mount and can increase length if needed but others can't. In addition a good used mount can be purchased and altered by someone having the skill to do it. Possibly available from a member of this forum that has a mount they no longer need or use.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2024 4:18 pm

I just got off the phone with an acquaintance of Gil’ s from the camp Perry days he has about 6 brand new scope mounts of Gil’s so I’m good to go and I won’t be selling any of them on here .

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed May 29, 2024 4:33 pm

We are all so thankful you found them!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2024 7:10 pm

james r chapman wrote:We are all so thankful you found them!
You can delete my account !

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Wed May 29, 2024 7:56 pm

Locked!  

We are better than this!

Unlocked to announce that I fulfilled Muzzlestuffer’s request to delete his account. I advised him not to, but he said “No thanks!”

He may be thin skinned, but cheezlouise! These were out of line!
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

tomj44 and Bnxn365 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum