Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Precision Target Grips Hammerli Xesse SF

+6
Dcforman
jglenn21
Allen Barnett
Arthur
NYKenn
rich.tullo
10 posters

Go down

Precision Target Grips Hammerli Xesse SF Empty Precision Target Grips Hammerli Xesse SF

Post by rich.tullo 6/9/2024, 3:53 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the 1911 grips for the Hammerli Xesse SF. I am thinking about picking up the grips to try on my Xesse SF. Specifically I am concerned about fitment.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Precision Target Grips Hammerli Xesse SF Empty Re: Precision Target Grips Hammerli Xesse SF

Post by NYKenn 6/9/2024, 6:40 pm

I have the CMM 45 grip adapter.
Fits well and feels well.

NYKenn

http://www.TheFiringLineOnline.com

Back to top Go down

Precision Target Grips Hammerli Xesse SF Empty Re: Precision Target Grips Hammerli Xesse SF

Post by Arthur 6/9/2024, 7:03 pm

I just switched from the CMM grip to a Rink Sport Pistol grip, Didn't care for the square corner on the front of the CMM, uncomfortable for me. It took a little careful file work to get it to fit properly, but it is a quality part. Hoping the Rink will be better for me in the long run. 

Best, 
Arthur

Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 6/9/2024, 7:23 pm

I have the CMM grips on 4 of my Xesse and the fifth has a Larry's Guns Rink on it.  I much prefer the CMM gripgs.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 6/10/2024, 6:11 am

The advantage of the CMM adapter is it takes normal 1911 grips so you have the option to use the exact set you want and swap them out. The Rink grips works fine for the price point.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 6/10/2024, 7:39 am

I have a 215S with a CMM adapter. I also didn't enjoy the squareness of the front strap. To alleviate, I ended up getting CMM's grip spacers for the 1911, filing down the tops a bit, then putting skate tape across the front and rear strap over the spacers, with sharkskins on the sides. It's a little thicker than a traditional 1911 grip, but feels much rounder. Quite happy with it.

Dave

Dcforman

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 6/10/2024, 8:23 am

OP - please note that CMM make adapters with both flat or arched "Main Spring Housings" just like a 1911 - choose your preference.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by BerryhillAC 6/10/2024, 8:40 am

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your interest in my grips, specifically the 1911 grip shape for the Exesse.  I'd be happy to make one for you with either a flat or arched mainspring housing.  I do lots of these for shooters all around the world, so I'm pretty confident you'll like it.  But if you don't just let me know.  I'm a one-person company and run 100% on customer satisfaction.  If you don't like it I'll either make it right or refund your money.  Here is a link to order a pair.  You'll pay less than other places too.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Andrew

Precision Target Pistol Grips

BerryhillAC

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 6/10/2024, 11:06 am

I have the Rinks and Arched which was a bit more arched then I would like and they are a bit less grippy. I was concerned only about the precision because the CMM while nice are also too square for me. 

Has anyone had any issues with fitment on the Precision because I would like them to be close to home and avoid sending them back.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 6/10/2024, 4:54 pm

jglenn21 wrote:The advantage of the CMM adapter is it takes normal 1911 grips so you have the option to use the exact set you want and swap them out. The Rink grips works fine for the price point.

Well... 1911 grips have to be relieved in a few spots to fit over the Hammerli hardware that pokes through the adapter. I think the slide stop area has to be relieved too.

The adapter comes with Herretts panels that are all set to go.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Walloch 6/10/2024, 6:36 pm

I have two sets of Andrew’s grips for the AW-93.  I also have the CMM grip adapter for the Xesse.  I like Andrews grips a bit better.

Greg Walloch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down