Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally shot 100 with the plastic gun in practice

3 posters

Go down

Finally shot 100 with the plastic gun in practice Empty Finally shot 100 with the plastic gun in practice

Post by Joe L Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:27 pm

I know, I know, the pace isn't right, but it was starting to rain and we were out of time for this practice session with my son, visiting for Easter.  Warmed up with 10 targets with the Ruger 22/45, averaged 98 or so but no 100's, then shot five targets with the CZ P-09 polymer gun with a new sear/hammer combination.  Took two targets to get used to the sear/hammer and then I shot well after that, finishing the morning with this target...

Ran out of time, so we left for Easter with the rest of the family.  This was a great Easter morning!!!  Quality time with the son and a range trip and still time for the real Easter stuff.  

This is fun. 

Joe

Joe L

Back to top Go down

Finally shot 100 with the plastic gun in practice Empty Re: Finally shot 100 with the plastic gun in practice

Post by Jack H Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:49 pm

Hey Joe.  Your 9mm timed 100 3x was about 14 seconds.  That's better that before. 

Have you shot 50 yard slow fire?
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Finally shot 100 with the plastic gun in practice Empty Re: Finally shot 100 with the plastic gun in practice

Post by Joe L Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Jack--No, we use a B-16 target at 25 yards since we don't have a 50 yard range set up yet. 

Thanks for taking a look.  I did shoot the 22 first at rapid fire pace this morning.  Averaged 97 for 10 targets, I think.  No 100's.  I'm getting there, just need more practice at rapid fire pace.  Thanks for goading me in to doing it right!! (Edit--I'm serious, I DO need to be goaded in to practicing with the timer!!)

Joe

Last edited by Joe L on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joe L

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:00 pm

Joe
Get yourself a recorded commands with an earbud under your muffs.  Then you will know the start and stop of the 10 and 20 second strings.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Great job, Joe!

I think Jack was just giving you something to think about when he talked about your pace. 

I think he and I would both agree that shooting good shots is more important to practice than timing.  It's far easier to master timing AFTER you have mastered shooting good shots.

There are great bullseye command apps available for android and apple phones that can give you the timing in your ear for days that you want to practice that.

Great job cleaning that target!!!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe L Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Thanks gentlemen.  I have the commands on an MP3 player, but it was just too much this morning with my son with me.  I'll go back out this week by myself and use the timed and rapid fire recordings. 

Jack is right--and I DO appreciate him trying to get me to practice correctly! 

I did average 97.6-3.7x this morning at timed fire pace with the 22 for 10 targets.  And I have the video to prove it, LOL.  But the best target was a 99-5x.  Still, I'm happy.

Joe

Joe L

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:52 pm

Seems like a pretty easy thing to do when the target is only 3" from the gun! Razz 
Just kidding.  How did you take a video with the target superimposed on the main video?  What program is used for that?

Thanks,
JS

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe L Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:03 pm

jscandale wrote:How did you take a video with the target superimposed on the main video?  What program is used for that?

Thanks,
JS

I put some information about the videos in a post about 4 down in this thread...

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t2345-tried-an-open-sight-polymer-9mm-for-centerfire-yesterdaymay-shoot-it-in-feb-match

Joe

Joe L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down