Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anatomical grips on 1911?

4 posters

Go down

Anatomical grips on 1911? Empty Anatomical grips on 1911?

Post by beeser Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:36 am

Can you use anatomical grips on the 1911?  I read somewhere that the rules only permit their use with .22 and centerfire.  I really like the Rink grips on my Pardini SP and plan to get something similar for my 52.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Anatomical grips on 1911? Empty Re: Anatomical grips on 1911?

Post by DavidR Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:54 am

yes you can, no rules against it in bullseye just EIC/cmp  service matches
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beeser Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:12 am

DavidR wrote:yes you can, no rules against it in bullseye just EIC/cmp  service matches
Thanks as usual DavidR!  I'll be on the lookout for some grips on the 1911 as well.  One of these days I'll have to get up to speed on the various matches and their acronyms.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Post by rvlvrlvr Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:21 am

I'm trying a set of Nill adjustable/anatomical match grips on my wadgun. Not sure if I like them just yet, but then I've only put about 40 rounds downrange with them.

While I'm not sure they fit me quite right (and some parts I think are contributing to that are the GI grip safety and spur hammer that I'm currently using, rather than the beavertail + commander hammer that I think would work better), they do seem to reduce gripping fatigue and make getting a consistent, repeatable grip a lot easier.

I think a set of anatomic grips for the Model 52 would be the bee's knees, though, and would compliment the anatomic grips that I have mounted on my Model 41 nicely.

Edit: to answer your question -- the NRA Pistol Rulebook does cover this:

3.6 Grips - The grip, or any part of the firearm, may not be extended or constructed in any way which would give any support beyond the hand. The wrist must remain absolutely free and visible when the pistol is held in the firing position. No part of the grip or accessory may encircle the hand (see Fig A). Upward curvature of the heel of the grip may not exceed one inch as shown in Fig. A. Adjustable Grips are permitted as long as they conform to the dimensions as shown in Fig. A.

and:

3.1 General Service Pistol Specifications.

A. Required.

(1) Standard stock of wood or synthetic material, a similar stock of commercial manufacture, or another comparable design that does not interfere with the functional or maintenance features of the pistol

(2) Metal grips and pachmyr-style (sic) wrap around grips are not permitted. The stock must be functionally identical for right or left hand use.

So only for Service Pistols (Rule 3.1, and technically Distinguished Revolvers -- Rule 3.1.4, though the rule about "stocks must be mirror images of each other except where relieved to facilitate loading" seems to have disappeared) are anatomical grips prohibited. For pretty much every other gun (.22, centerfire, and .45), you can use whatever grips you want.

Last edited by rvlvrlvr on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
rvlvrlvr
rvlvrlvr

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:25 am

there is a topic about a set for a 52 on ebay, rare you might want to look, Beeser  check out the herret nationals, 69.00 from bullseye gear.com, these are a good way to try,
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mparker Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:00 pm

Vitarbo grips on an STI Trojan
Anatomical grips on 1911? 154320101

mparker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down