Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which gun would you use?

5 posters

Go down

Which gun would you use? Empty Which gun would you use?

Post by 285wannab Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:28 pm

I was wondering what you would use if you only shoot indoors at 50 ft.?   I understand the reason for using conversions for ouutdoors but, would you make one just to shoot indoors?  I know a lot of you have roll triggers on your guns.  Would that benefit me shooting indoors?  To me and my limited knowledge isn't a crisp trigger just a shortened roll?   I know this is a personal choice but, if you guys could pick any gun for my type of shooting what would it be?

285wannab

Back to top Go down

Which gun would you use? Empty Re: Which gun would you use?

Post by DavidR Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:41 pm

indoor 50 feet, any good 22 will do fine
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:10 pm

An accurate 22 is just as necessary indoors as outdoors, the distance is different but the targets are proportional.  If you're serious about competing then your equipment should reflect what you're able to afford, in my opinion.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:18 pm

I do not know why you think there is that kind of difference between indoors and out.  I have used mainly 208s and good conversions indoors.  Both are capable indoors and out.  A good conversion (Nelson)  along with a good trigger will keep up with the Hammerli types.  So will a good Ruger (with a trigger job) but I think the X count will be better with the gun, what ever it is, that has the best trigger and the best fit and balance in your hand.  One where the T&R recoil action is negligible in your hand.  And where YOU have your Conscious, Subconscious, and Self-image all in balance.  (Yes, I am reading Lanny's book again.  (Getting desperate, I am))
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:40 pm

I shoot the same guns for indoors as outdoors.  How many triggers do you want to learn?  I only want to learn 1.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 285wannab Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Thanks guys for the input.  I didn't know that indoor and outdoor targets were proportional to each other, that's good to know. In my area we only shoot indoors at 50'.   I have only shot on turning targets once many years ago in Pelham, NH.
It's all about the process, right Jack?  I have the book also and need to look it over again.
"If you're serious about competing then your equipment should reflect what you're able to afford" very well put SteveB

285wannab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum