Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre Series II Kimber Super Match

3 posters

Go down

38 super - Pre Series II Kimber Super Match Empty Pre Series II Kimber Super Match

Post by Axehandle 9/23/2014, 5:17 pm

Picked up a second pre Series II Kimber Super Match last week.  No firing pin block in this one.  Gun is as new.  Got the good buddy employee price on it.  Can't quite understand why someone would pay retail for this gun when the Les Baer bullseye gun is a good $300 less.   Not that the Baer is perfect but this Kimber is quite a ways from where it needs to be too.  Planning to shoot it a bit to see what it will do.  Needs a few shadetree parts for my tastes.  V Mainspring housing and a Cylinder & Slide tool steel hammer/trigger/sear/spring set to start.  If it doesn't really show out I'm holding a kart barrel that I just might have KC install. 
38 super - Pre Series II Kimber Super Match 002-24

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

38 super - Pre Series II Kimber Super Match Empty Re: Pre Series II Kimber Super Match

Post by LenV 9/23/2014, 6:00 pm

Hi Axehandle,

Another pretty Kimber. If you ever feel like You have too many then give me a jingle. I could always take that KTM off your hands that you think is "too pretty to shoot". Maybe not though. I would have to shoot it. I think they are made to be shot. I picked up 6 EIC points with the KTM this weekend. Have fun playing with your new toy.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

38 super - Pre Series II Kimber Super Match Empty Re: Pre Series II Kimber Super Match

Post by Axehandle 9/24/2014, 11:10 am

Traded the KTM off for an A prefix S&W M41 over the summer.  Something about those guns that are to pretty to shoot!    Crying or Very sad      Needed a backup M41 anyway.  Ran a few hundred rounds of GI ball through this Super Match last week.  Seems to shoot decent.   That will be the last ball it sees in my hands.   My need for Service Pistol EIC points went away 30 years ago. Very Happy   This will be another wadcutter gun.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 10/8/2014, 3:19 pm

A few hundred more rounds down the pipe and this little beast has actually settled in and now the slide to frame really feels very well fitted.  Needs some serious accuracy testing.  If it will shoot cast bullets like it feels that it could we will get KC to put a Red Buff scope mount on it.  pirat

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye58 10/8/2014, 3:55 pm

KC will do a fantastic job for you Axehandle.
Bullseye58
Bullseye58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down