Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old but NEW

3 posters

Go down

Old but NEW Empty Old but NEW

Post by nmbuzz 11/28/2014, 7:36 pm

The wind dropped below 20mph and the temps climbed above 45 today in northern NM. God's Country!
  Took advantage by shooting on the 'Willow Range" at my house. 25yd with my S&W 17-2 revolver  !Open iron!   It had been a couple weeks  or more since shooting.  IT WENT WELL!
95s to 98s slowfire on a 25yd timed and rapid target.  
Tried a new (to me) drill!!   Russian rullette!!   3 live rounds and 3 spent rounds in the cylinder!  Every other round!  Spin it then close then shoot!  If you are like me the hammer falling on a spent round creates a spastic follow thru that has to resemble Charles Barkley"s golf swing!!   Laugh out loud ugly!!  After each shot spin the cylinder..live or spent....after 2 live rounds going off reload. 30 minutes and 4-5 evolutions later I improved a bit!  Seemed like GREAT practice and you REALLY save on ammo!!  NOTE TO SELF   try to mitigate the ugly followthru!!   NMBUZZ
nmbuzz
nmbuzz

Back to top Go down

Old but NEW Empty Re: Old but NEW

Post by Ed Hall 11/28/2014, 8:04 pm

nmbuzz wrote:The wind dropped below 20mph and the temps climbed above 45 today in northern NM. God's Country!
  Took advantage by shooting on the 'Willow Range" at my house. 25yd with my S&W 17-2 revolver  !Open iron!   It had been a couple weeks  or more since shooting.  IT WENT WELL!
95s to 98s slowfire on a 25yd timed and rapid target.  
Tried a new (to me) drill!!   Russian rullette!!   3 live rounds and 3 spent rounds in the cylinder!  Every other round!  Spin it then close then shoot!  If you are like me the hammer falling on a spent round creates a spastic follow thru that has to resemble Charles Barkley"s golf swing!!   Laugh out loud ugly!!  After each shot spin the cylinder..live or spent....after 2 live rounds going off reload. 30 minutes and 4-5 evolutions later I improved a bit!  Seemed like GREAT practice and you REALLY save on ammo!!  NOTE TO SELF   try to mitigate the ugly followthru!!   NMBUZZ
Sounds pretty good, but a suggestion:  Look for everything to be perfect, instead of trying not to do something wrong.  Think positive thoughts to include visualizing that everything looked good and then seeing it unfold that way.  No negatives - look instead for positives.  Seek what you wish to find.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by nmbuzz 11/28/2014, 8:15 pm

Sounds pretty good, but a suggestion:  Look for everything to be perfect, instead of trying not to do something wrong.  Think positive thoughts to include visualizing that everything looked good and then seeing it unfold that way.  No negatives - look instead for positives.  Seek what you wish to find.

Very good advice and sounds like what Brenda Silva said to me last Feb in Phoenix as she walked away from our conversation cause I was too negative. Really need to work on that!!  NMBUZZ
nmbuzz
nmbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by 243winxb 11/29/2014, 9:22 am

Good test  for a flinch.
243winxb
243winxb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 11/29/2014, 9:52 pm

243winxb wrote:Good test  for a flinch.
Better test for positive reinforcement that there was no flinch. Smile

The correct use of ball and dummy drills is to learn what it looks like when the sights stay still and to realize you can make that your habit.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum