Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air pistol use improve 1911 performance?

+7
robert84010
C.Perkins
john bickar
Froneck
jmdavis
STEVE SAMELAK
beeser
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Air pistol use improve 1911 performance? - Page 2 Empty Air pistol use improve 1911 performance?

Post by beeser 4/1/2015, 10:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Will practice with an air pistol improve or help my performance using a 1911 or other type of firearm pistol?  Any downsides to using one?

beeser

Back to top Go down

Air pistol use improve 1911 performance? - Page 2 Empty Re: Air pistol use improve 1911 performance?

Post by jmdavis 4/2/2015, 9:57 am

STEVE SAMELAK wrote:Unless you end up with a repeater you're going to have a break in the cycle any way you slice it.
You just have to use that break as an opportunity to reinforce your shot process start to finish.

Excellent advice
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Air pistol use improve 1911 performance? - Page 2 Empty Re: Air pistol use improve 1911 performance?

Post by Froneck 4/2/2015, 10:06 am

I agree with john bickar. Air pistol is great to shoot in the basement of your home. Many cities have an ordnance preventing discharge of a firearms so many find it difficult to practice at home. You don't need the latest state of the are High end pistol. Many of those older pump types are available and are quite accurate and cheap.  I'm sure that a gunsmith can easily increase the pull weight but shooting that 33' target is quite difficult. 
 I know and speak to Keith Sanderson while at Perry. He's quite a guy! But remember Keith is an International Rapid Fire shooter. Yes he still shoots BE and goes to Perry. However Rapid fire requires a lot of muscle memory, shooting 5 different targets in 8, 6 and 4 seconds is not easy. I watched shooters "dry fire" with live ammo at Benning with no target. It was explained to me that they were developing muscle memory! Interesting thing was the electronic scoring system was on due to other shooters using it. With no target to reference those shooters were shooting good scores! I can see why Keith dry fires quite a bit!
 I had an older Walther Rapid  fire pistol in .22 short that came with a dry fire trigger, it would click when the trigger was pulled 5 times then needed to be reset.Since .22 short is no longer used one of those can probably be picked-up cheap.
 A few made repeating air pistols, Walther did. But were quite pricey. However practice one shot drills with a single shot air pistol.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 4/2/2015, 11:55 am

Daisy made three one pump models that work well best was the 777, but it has been discontinued but can be found the other 747 is a good one too and these run less than 200.00
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2