Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking Information Regarding Junior Pistol Shooters Attending Camp Perry

3 posters

Go down

Seeking Information Regarding Junior Pistol Shooters Attending Camp Perry Empty Seeking Information Regarding Junior Pistol Shooters Attending Camp Perry

Post by brassmaster 6/27/2016, 11:34 am

This year will be the first time that we will be fielding Junior Pistol Shooters to Camp Perry. NRA & CMP Registration was completed a couple of months ago. However, after thoroughly reviewing the National Matches Program, I have not been able to find answers to these questions:

1. During the NRA Matches do juniors fire at 50 & 25 yards or is all firing at 25 yards, using 50 yard reduced targets for slow fire?
  2. Do junior shooters competing in the NRA Matches all fire on the same range & relay? 
  3. The juniors are registered for the CMP's President's and NTI .22 Matches. Is all firing at 25 yards, using 50 yard reduced targets for slow fire?
  4. Are juniors permitted to use optics (red dots) in the NRA Matches?
  5. Are juniors permitted to use optics (red dots) in the CMP Junior Matches?
  6. Are juniors required to start timed & rapid fire from a 45 degree angle in the CMP's, President's & NTI .22 Matches?
  7. How many rounds are fired in the CMP's President & NTI .22 Matches

Hopefully, some forum members that regularly field Junior Pistol Teams at Camp Perry can answer these questions.
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

Seeking Information Regarding Junior Pistol Shooters Attending Camp Perry Empty Re: Seeking Information Regarding Junior Pistol Shooters Attending Camp Perry

Post by DonBrummer 6/27/2016, 8:51 pm

Brassmaster

I know the NJ State bullseye association brings a Jr team to Camp Perry every year.  I'm confident Mary Badiak will be more than happy to share her knowledge and experience with you.  She can be contacted at either 
noalibis.mary@gmail.com or mary@njpistol.com. 

Good Luck.
Don
DonBrummer
DonBrummer

Back to top Go down

Seeking Information Regarding Junior Pistol Shooters Attending Camp Perry Empty Re: Seeking Information Regarding Junior Pistol Shooters Attending Camp Perry

Post by brassmaster 6/27/2016, 9:05 pm

Thanks so much Don. I'll contact Ms. Badiak directly.
brassmaster
brassmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 6/28/2016, 11:14 am

Juniors fire on the same line and distance and under the same rules as everyone else. They are interspersed among the other shooters. Dots are ok, they shoot centerfire, they score the shooter on the left etc. Same rules for arm position, it is ok to be on target before they turn in every match except for 22 Rimfire EIC.

I don't know the rules for juniors shooting 22 in Pres, NTI and NTT, but I am pretty sure they will fire SF at 50 yards.

Juniors must have parental consent forms. There is a curfew (11pm?) for juniors on base.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by brassmaster 6/28/2016, 1:42 pm

STEVE T--Thanks so much for the information--appreciated.
brassmaster
brassmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down