Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyskore swivel pistol rest

3 posters

Go down

Hyskore swivel pistol rest  Empty Hyskore swivel pistol rest

Post by Bigtrout 3/2/2017, 9:05 am

Has anyone in the forum had any experience with the Hyskore Swivel Pistol Rest?  My rest is my own crude design, is made from wood scraps and old rectangular boat fenders for forearm rests.  I'm looking to upgrade to a more adjustable and stable rest.  $50 shipped is a good start but I'd either like to try one (none commercially available in my area) or get feedback from users of the rest.  Ransom is out of the question due to cost.  Thanks for any insight.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Hyskore swivel pistol rest  Empty Re: Hyskore swivel pistol rest

Post by AllAces 3/2/2017, 9:12 am

I have one that I purchased years ago for about $25.  The the screw clamps for the grips are useless, but the screw height adjustment and v-notch where you rest the barrel work better than sandbags.  If I were buying one today, I would not spend $50 plus shipping.  If you can get a used one in the $25 range it might work for you, but it is not a Ransom Rest.  I have a Ransom Rest and it's great for testing new loads, but the Hyskore works just fine for casual bench shooting.  Mounting it to a piece of plywood and clamping to the bench would probably work better as it does tend to move around.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 3/2/2017, 9:28 am

Although a bit pricey, this one looks solid. No personal experience.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down