Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomar Rib and Marvel Scope Mount

5 posters

Go down

Bomar Rib and Marvel Scope Mount  Empty Bomar Rib and Marvel Scope Mount

Post by Tim:H11 Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:41 pm

I'm having a Marvel Custom Guns Scope Mount installed and I'm curious - if I found a Bomar sight rib will the holes match? Can I take the scope mount off and attach the rib with out modification or new holes?
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Bomar Rib and Marvel Scope Mount  Empty Re: Bomar Rib and Marvel Scope Mount

Post by cdrt Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:01 pm

I had a Marvel mount installed on my Clark Heavy Slide, which opposite of what you want to do.  The holes were very close.  The gunsmith had a slight problem lining one of them up, but he got it done.  I still have the Bo-Mar rib, just in case I decide to go back to irons with it.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by scrum derringer Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:47 am

It depends, I found out the hard way myself. Bomar made two different hole patterns for their ribs. My Les Baer wadcutter is cut for the Clark rib which is the same as the most recent Bomar pattern. I then found a new unused Bomar rib on eBay only to find out it was the old hole pattern. It's the old hole pattern in the sense that the forward most hole is closer to the muzzle. Three out of the four holes will match. After seeing the Marvel rib on his website it appears that you can order is rib in either pattern period however, if you get the rib installed first then it just depends on which Bomar rib you get and hope it matches.
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by JIMPGOV Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:06 am

WAY NOT GET THE COMBO RIB WITH IRON SIGHTS AND SCOPE MOUNT RIGHT FROM MARVEL? JP

JIMPGOV

Back to top Go down

Post by MuayThaiJJ Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:20 am

scrum derringer wrote:It depends, I found out the hard way myself. Bomar made two different hole patterns for their ribs. My Les Baer wadcutter is cut for the Clark rib which is the same as the most recent Bomar pattern. I then found a new unused Bomar rib on eBay only to find out it was the old hole pattern. It's the old hole pattern in the sense that the forward most hole is closer to the muzzle. Three out of the four holes will match. After seeing the Marvel rib on his website it appears that you can order is rib in either pattern period however, if you get the rib installed first then it just depends on which Bomar rib you get and hope it matches.

Did you mount the older Bomar rib on your slide with the 3 of the 4 holes matching? I have access to the older rib but have a newer Clark-style tapped slide.
MuayThaiJJ
MuayThaiJJ

https://www.youtube.com/@NickShootsStuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down