Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eley Target $47.45 per brick, and good customer service from Brownells

3 posters

Go down

Eley Target $47.45 per brick, and good customer service from Brownells Empty Eley Target $47.45 per brick, and good customer service from Brownells

Post by bdas Fri Apr 14 2017, 16:17

First, I just thought I'd let people know about a very good deal on Eley Target ammo at Brownells. If you go to their website, it's currently listed as "On Sale" at $55.99 per brick of 500 (http://www.brownells.com/ammunition/rimfire-ammo/target-ammo-22-long-rifle-40gr-lead-round-nose-prod87469.aspx).  That's a pretty good price, but not special.  But yesterday I received a promotional email from Brownells, saying that it would be $47.45 per brick if you used discount code 3368.  Not sure if that will work for everyone, or for how long, but it worked for me.

I did have an issue with ordering it online, though.  If I put 1 or 2 bricks in my cart, the shipping was the normal ground shipping ORM-D price of $15.95.  But when I tried to put 3 or more bricks my in cart, it switched to "Truck/Ocean" shipping, and started asking questions like did I have a forklift, or does the truck need a liftgate.  My guess is that their website mistakenly thinks these weigh a lot more than they really do.  I was able to complete my order with normal shipping methods by calling them and placing my order over the phone.

The very nice lady who took my order understood the shipping issue without excessive re-explaining, and was happy to take my order over the phone, and said that she would talk to someone about the shipping issue on their website. As a bonus, she also applied another discount code (didn't tell me the code, though) to my order that took $10 off the price, and included free shipping (waiving the $15.95 s/h cost), and thus saved me $26.  That's good customer service.  Full kudos to Brownells.

So, for $227, I got 5 bricks of Eley Target delivered.  That's 9.1 cents per round, which is a GREAT price for this ammo (it's frequently around 12-16 cents per round, and usually the best deals are around 11-12 cents per round, once you include shipping costs).  

Before you pillory me for getting excited about 22 ammo at 9 cents per round... yes, I know that CCI SV and many other 22 brand's prices have dropped well below 9 cents per round recently, but my pistol shoots the Eley stuff (both Target and Club) noticeably better than CCI SV or CCI Green Tag or Wolf Match Target or SK Std Plus or Federal 711B, etc.  I just shot a 98 slow fire (at 25 yards) offhand with Eley Target last night, which is better than I got with CCI SV with my pistol rested on a sandbag last year.  My Buckmark just loves this stuff. If your pistol likes Eley Target, you should definitely check this deal out.

bdas

http://guns.dsttr.com/

Back to top Go down

Eley Target $47.45 per brick, and good customer service from Brownells Empty Re: Eley Target $47.45 per brick, and good customer service from Brownells

Post by Chris Miceli Fri Apr 14 2017, 16:53

The eley guy told me target and club come off the same machines

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Eley Target $47.45 per brick, and good customer service from Brownells Empty Re: Eley Target $47.45 per brick, and good customer service from Brownells

Post by jglenn21 Fri Apr 14 2017, 17:02

discount code still works
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by bdas Fri Apr 14 2017, 17:08

Chris Miceli wrote:The eley guy told me target and club come off the same machines

Wouldn't surprise me.  I haven't been able to discern any difference between them, accuracy-wise.  If anything, I tend to have higher scores in practice (with Eley Target) than in matches (with Eley Club), but I generally attribute that to me being more relaxed during practice and having more chances to do well, not to differences in the ammo.  My gun loves both.  It seems a little dirtier than some other 22 ammo I've used, but the reliability is top-notch and flyers are somewhere between very rare and non-existent.  I've shot 1000's of rounds of Target and Club over the last 3 years, and saw my first dud (good firing pin dent, but no bang) with one a couple weeks ago (it was in my gun, but I wasn't shooting it... it was one of the juniors that I coach).

bdas

http://guns.dsttr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Fri Apr 14 2017, 17:16

I would Call  eley and say this is unacceptable Smile

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down