Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMP Launches New Program

4 posters

Go down

CMP Launches New Program Empty CMP Launches New Program

Post by Slo cat 4/1/2012, 10:52 am

CMP Launches ZMP (Zombie Marksmanship Program) for Kids. See link for description * * Here * *

This should be immensely popular and attract younger shooters.

Best Regards,

Slo cat

Last edited by Slo cat on 4/1/2012, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Slo cat
Slo cat

Back to top Go down

CMP Launches New Program Empty Re: CMP Launches New Program

Post by Rob Kovach 4/1/2012, 11:38 am

Here's the full link for those who might want to forward it on.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2012/04/cmp-launches-zmp-zombie-marksmanship-program-for-kids/

I hope this takes off. I think it will be smart to introduce the older, returning campers to the adult targets, then the younger campers will have those older campers to look up to.

I know the CMP will emphasize safe handling of firearms, I think the press peice might not have mentioned it enough. We might want to think of appropriate messaging: Since guns are powerful enough to kill undead zombies, you need to make sure that you handle firearms safely at all times!

Anti gunners are always looking for any opportunity to twist our ideas around to make them sound like a bad idea.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 4/1/2012, 9:08 pm

I know the whole zombie thing has really taken off in the past couple years, however I do not think this is a good idea to train youth firearms safety and marksmanship under the premise of shooting zombies or any other life like target.

I am not a parent (of two legged kids), but if I were, training my kids to shoot would be done with conventional targets, not anything that even remotely resembles another human being. To me this is taking the violence of kids video games to a new level with live ammunition!

Just my opinion.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 4/1/2012, 10:30 pm

I picture this only appealing to youth shooters under 15. These CMP camps are probably grouped by kids of similar age, and those older kids are settling into their adult disciplines by 15. Those newbie zombie shooters will see those older kids with their fancy equipment and move on to their adult disciplines and normal targets. Those that don't move up will get a good dose of safe firearms lessons from the CMP.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bking 4/1/2012, 11:18 pm

Rob Kovach wrote:I picture this only appealing to youth shooters under 15.

I picture this only appealing to anyone on April fools' day.

bking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down