Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nelson adjustment for best accuracy?

5 posters

Go down

Nelson adjustment for best accuracy? Empty Nelson adjustment for best accuracy?

Post by Amanda4461 Mon May 15, 2017 5:55 am

Hello folks, Can someone advise me on the best way to set up the Nelson unit for best accuracy? I used the supplied key to tighten the guide rod, and don't know if the pistol is meant to be used with the guide rod just snug, or if I should have it as tight as I can get it without breaking it.
Thank you.
Amanda
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

Back to top Go down

Nelson adjustment for best accuracy? Empty Re: Nelson adjustment for best accuracy?

Post by Tim:H11 Mon May 15, 2017 6:32 am

I was told just turn it till you hit resistance or it becomes snug then give it just an eighth of a turn maybe to snug it up. I was warned that it wouldn't shoot very well if too tight. I just turn it snug. Not very tight. Tight enough where it won't shoot loose.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Nelson adjustment for best accuracy? Empty Re: Nelson adjustment for best accuracy?

Post by Jon Eulette Mon May 15, 2017 8:38 am

The rod draws the barrel down against the top of the frame. You cannot over tighten it. But not necessary to get it that tight. When tightening the rod, the rod end pushes against the slide stop pin. Make sure slidestop pin has a little play between side of frame so it can freely rotate. The rod end will mark/scratch/ding/depress the slidestop pin. This is normal. If you don't tighten it enough it will come loose and pistol will still function; will not be accurate though Smile So make sure its tight.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon May 15, 2017 9:31 am

Early on I didn't tighten it much but had it loosen while shooting. Now I snug it up pretty good.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 Mon May 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Tighten it down a good bit, but not straining tight.  i assume around 15-20inlb.

(If you have a threaded muzzle i highly recommend removing the thread protector or loctite it in place, this is null if you have the weight attached.)

Last edited by Sc0 on Mon May 15, 2017 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda4461 Wed May 17, 2017 6:47 am

Thanks folks! I tried it loose, and the groups floated. I had been wrenching it very tight, with a few FTF. I next tightened it about 1/2 turn after the rod made contact, and it is nice and snug and now reliable as well.
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down