Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pachmyr gun case

+4
sixftunda
fc60
bmac
lg2014
8 posters

Go down

Pachmyr gun case Empty Pachmyr gun case

Post by lg2014 6/5/2017, 3:32 pm

Hello Pachmyr gun case owners. I'm interested in purchasing a Pachmyr gun case and I'm unsure if a pistol with a red dot on it will fit in that case. I'm actually planning on placing a Pardini with a red dot. Does anyone know if this will fit? Thanks for reading this. LG

lg2014

Back to top Go down

Pachmyr gun case Empty Re: Pachmyr gun case

Post by bmac 6/5/2017, 5:14 pm

I had to modify my 4 gun deluxe case in order to store my 1911s with slide mounted dots. YMMV.

bmac

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 6/5/2017, 5:28 pm

Greetings,

If you buy the older, wooden Pachmayr box with a BACK DOOR, NO, scoped guns will not fit.

It is has no back door, carefully pry off the four guide rails for the tray. Lower them as needed to house the scoped guns.

Make sure there is still room for the scope to fit, if it is mounted on the lid.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by sixftunda 6/5/2017, 6:32 pm

I've lowered the drawer on several Pachmayr boxes with back doors.  It can be done.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 6/6/2017, 10:33 am

Greetings Sixftunda,

Please offer a description of what needs to be done with the "Back Door" boxes.

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited by fc60 on 6/6/2017, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Pachmyr gun case Empty Pachmyr Gun Box

Post by lg2014 6/6/2017, 11:54 am

My 5 guns box have a back door. I will really appreciate it if anyone can give me the instructions on how to lower the platform in order to accommodate a pistol with a dot mounted on it. Thank you LG.

lg2014

Back to top Go down

Post by bmac 6/6/2017, 10:25 pm

I removed the shelf that divided the top from the bottom and then added a strip of wood on each side for new drawer slides. Pachmyr gun case Img_0010

bmac

Back to top Go down

Post by sixftunda 6/7/2017, 6:20 am

I just took a hammer and beat the partitions out.  Lowered the drawer so I still had a healthy margin under it to close the lid with my scope attached.  Easy Peasy.  When you open the back door you might see an inch of the gun drawer but still plenty of room for ammo boxes and score cards.  I keep two clear Tupperware boxes underneath with all the small items I have.  Easy to find in adverse conditions and they don't scatter all over when the box tips over. 
Over the winter I renovated 5 or 6 of these boxes.  Donated to the state junior program, two new adult shooters, and sold 2 of them to finance the project.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by sixftunda 6/7/2017, 6:38 am

Pachmayr also made some very very small boxes. I assume they are some of the oldest and first they made. I have only ever seen three of them. Owned two. I removed the drawer, cut out the gun partition and screwed it right to the bottom of the box. Works great for the indoor season where some of the ranges are very cramped. I keep the scope in the top of the lid secured by a Velcro strap that's held to the lid by a screw. So when you close the box the scope is above the guns but can't fall on them. My favorite box.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don 6/7/2017, 8:11 am

Pachmayr also made some quite large boxes.  I have one.  4 guns; plenty of room for scoped guns and the spotting scope below.  Two drawers on the side beyond the gun space with ammo space below that.  You can make this one very heavy......
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 6/7/2017, 10:47 am

Speaking of spotting scopes, anyone here know of a good small one? I purchased a nice small 2 gun box here a while ago, nice box but smaller than I expected. It's short in that my AW and MatchGun fits just about the length of the box, the gun holders similar to the Pachmyr type are as far to the right as possible yet enough to clamp the guns.
Gil Hebard scope mount With a Celestron scope is hard to get the box closed and often hard to get open as there is not much room below the "gun draw". Room is quite limited with just enough stuff to shoot a .22 match. I have the fold up type muffs that I can put only above the grips of the scope. I can put them below the "gun draw" but scope hits and box will not close.
 Quite a bit of the room are taken up by the scope. I've seen a few smaller ones on Optics planet and they are cheaper on ebay but I don't want something that's not clear so I can see .22 at 50 yards.
 Any suggestions??

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 6/7/2017, 10:59 am

Froneck, you want the NG 20x33 spotting scope, its a very small high quality scope but they can be difficult to find. Here's some on Ebay from Canada, 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NG-20-20x33-Spotting-scope-with-tripod-and-carrying-case-/332190772683?hash=item4d581cedcb:g:JWUAAOSwa~BYTvIk

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 6/7/2017, 12:48 pm

I use an older Bushnell Competitor. Lightweight and small. Not angled but it works ok. Great for holes larger than 22. 22 holes are easier to spot in better lighting conditions but still manageable in overcast days. Might try ebay for one.
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 6/7/2017, 1:33 pm

I looked at the Canadian ebay model, seems kinda long, not much difference from the one I have. Tim is see a cheap Bushnell with angled eye piece on ebay 20 X 50 cheap. Might get it for indoor 50' range. It's less that 5" long. Have to look, I think I have the Competitor someplace. I also see a NcStar on OP cheap with good only 2 reviews, one claimed it can't be focused easy at 100 yards but OK at 50.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 6/7/2017, 2:16 pm

Well the NG is about half the size of the small Celestron model I have, guess it depends on what your reference is. Terry Labbe has once I've seen at matches, it looks like a baby compared to everyone else's scope.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 6/7/2017, 2:27 pm

I've seen Terry's. Looked through it. Hell of a scope. Good clean sharp image. Focuses good. Looks like a toy it's so small. Lightweight. Takes hardly any space in the box. But not cheap. That's why inbought my Bushnell used. I think next year I'll save for one of those NG scopes. I bought a celestron. Maybe I got a bad one but it wouldn't focus right. Gave it away to the local range to use. I've heard good things on em but not my luck.

Back to top Go down

Pachmyr gun case Empty Pachmyr gun case

Post by lg2014 6/7/2017, 11:44 pm

I just want to say thank you for all the advice. My Pachmyr box will arrive by the end of next week. LG

lg2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down