Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Received my RIA 38 Super today

2 posters

Go down

38 super - Received my RIA 38 Super today  Empty Received my RIA 38 Super today

Post by Magload Mon 13 Nov - 16:39

I put 15 rounds through the gun this afternoon.  It is badly in need of one of KC's roll triggers and the not adjustable rear sight is filtercarb. The front is very thin making huge gaps on both sides if the rear notch.  I will be looking for a way to put a dot on this thing.   Rock Island chat told me the barrel twist was 1 in 16 so I will have to find what it likes to eat.  I have all my loading equipment and 15 once fired brass now.  My 100 new ones have not came in.  Sure hope it will group these 1000 125gr Zero JHPs I bought.  Will get on the loading forum later and post.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

38 super - Received my RIA 38 Super today  Empty Re: Received my RIA 38 Super today

Post by jglenn21 Tue 14 Nov - 7:55

1-16 will shoot the 125s just fine
 I like the 115 XTPs but that twist will do well up to 147.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

38 super - Received my RIA 38 Super today  Empty Re: Received my RIA 38 Super today

Post by Magload Tue 14 Nov - 8:05

Thanks that is good to hear.  I ordered a EGW mount and a Vortex Viper last night.  Not my pick for BE but you are really limited using that type of mount.  I prefer a tube outdoors but at least I will be able to shoot the gun.  Also going to change grips today and add skate board tape to the smooth front strap.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Tue 14 Nov - 8:21

You might check with Jon Eulette. He makes a short rail that fits in the rear sight cut if memory serves. 

The small H1 T1 micro Aimpoint and their copies (Holosun) would work well.

Update the ignition set and trigger, then look at your barrel / bushing.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload Tue 14 Nov - 9:09

I have a Halosun on a 9mm carbine and like it.  I will try this Vortex a while.  I have a Vortex Venom on a 9mm RO Champion with a 4" barrel.  Had the slide miller so it fit like a M&P CORE.  It is really a good combination and I shoot it very well so maybe this will be ok on the 38 Super.  If not I will PM Jon as I am slowly switching out to Aimpoint.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down