Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY)

+18
Vociferous
spursnguns
Wes Lorenz
james r chapman
DA/SA
Allgoodhits
Foundryratjim
SingleActionAndrew
farmboy
Orion
brdrgrd
Randy_D
Ray Dash
WesG
Richard Benoit
Greg Walloch
Jon Eulette
RodJ
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY) Empty Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY)

Post by RodJ 1/3/2023, 12:38 pm

Anyone else having trouble receiving an order or getting a hold of someone at Brazos Precision?  

I placed an order for a couple bags of 45 bullets on 11/21. Website said back orders would ship in 2-3 weeks. Website has shown that my order “shipped” on 12/21. Haven’t received it. Tracking info says label was created but package not delivered to / received by USPS. 

I’ve tried multiple times calling and using their web page contact form but no one has gotten back to me. 

Frustrating and disappointing, because their local and I’ve not had a problem with my prior two orders.

Last edited by RodJ on 2/16/2023, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY) Empty Re: Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY)

Post by Jon Eulette 1/3/2023, 12:53 pm

They moved their shop/location. Might still be trying to get things straightened out.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY) Empty Re: Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY)

Post by Greg Walloch 1/3/2023, 1:15 pm

I was told by a relative who is a Post Office employee that bulk shipments sit on the dock until a time when they decide to pick them up.

Greg Walloch

Back to top Go down

Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY) Empty Brazo bullets

Post by Richard Benoit 1/3/2023, 4:23 pm

I placed an order on 10/25 and have also had trouble getting a response. At one point in mid- Dec. I recv'd an email from Ashley detailing the problems they were having getting up and running in their new facility and that all efforts were being put into solving their production issues so that they could clear their backlog. My order was supposed to be picked up and shipped 12/14 , still nothing. I get the fact that any time spent on the phone , email or whatever takes away from solving problems and I'm sure they'll come through eventually. However , it is frustrating , wondering if your shipment was lost, stolen or whatever and not being able to get any info. Patience and trust will hopefully be rewarded soon.

Richard Benoit

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 1/3/2023, 8:35 pm

Jon, yep I knew they moved and might have some start up issues, but figured that once a label is created and my account online shows “shipped”, that might mean shipped, on the pony express, train headed for Austin… rather than the tracking showing only a label made.

It’s only 90 miles away. If anyone would return my calls and email,
I’d just go get my order (and Richard B’s!)

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG 1/3/2023, 8:40 pm

Or have Steve bring it to ARC

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 1/3/2023, 9:24 pm

WesG wrote:Or have Steve bring it to ARC
Steve no longer has interest in the company. 
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 1/3/2023, 10:16 pm

I’ve had contact with Brazos. They had a few issues to address, they should be back to full speed very soon.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG 1/4/2023, 11:02 am

Jon Eulette wrote:
Jon
Wow. Guess I've been out of the loop longer 
than I thought.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 1/4/2023, 11:16 am

WesG wrote:
Jon Eulette wrote:
Jon
Wow. Guess I've been out of the loop longer 
than I thought.
Yeah same here.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 1/4/2023, 5:40 pm

Good news, Ashley at Brazos emailed me this evening and apologized for the delay. They’ve had issues with sounds like everything from the move to a machine breakdown. Totally understand all that but all I needed was an acknowledgment that I exist an 3 second update. She was super nice.

Was in the midst of cancelling through the dreaded Pay (I’m not your) Pal when the email arrived. Now I’ve got Summers, Roze/Zero, and Brazos orders on the way. Lol! oh well.

Hope they get back to normal. I like the hitek coating.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY) Empty Order received

Post by Randy_D 1/5/2023, 6:02 pm

The order I placed on Oct. 17 2022 arrived today so they are getting product out the door.  In past e-mails with Ashley they has all sorts of issues including most of the crew getting strep, then a compressor was stolen.  Then you figure just the issues of setting the equipment back up and all the little things that happen, if they had posted on the website updates it would have helped people understand, maybe :-).  

They are good folks that make a good product at a fair price, I will not hesitate to order from them again and wish them much success in 2023

Randy

Randy_D

RodJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Benoit 1/5/2023, 6:41 pm

Randy_D wrote:The order I placed on Oct. 17 2022 arrived today so they are getting product out the door.  In past e-mails with Ashley they has all sorts of issues including most of the crew getting strep, then a compressor was stolen.  Then you figure just the issues of setting the equipment back up and all the little things that happen, if they had posted on the website updates it would have helped people understand, maybe :-).  

They are good folks that make a good product at a fair price, I will not hesitate to order from them again and wish them much success in 2023

Randy
Good news , hopefully my order placed 10/25 will arrive next week

Richard Benoit

Back to top Go down

Post by brdrgrd 1/6/2023, 6:35 pm

Placed my order on 10/21/22, Shipping label was created 1/5/23. Hopefully I'll get it within 2 weeks.

brdrgrd

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion 1/7/2023, 9:34 am

I also ordered 1500 rounds in October. Was told they shipped, waiting ~2 weeks and they didnt ship. Ashley told me there's only one person in the company that does shipping and that person was out sick. When they did ship it via USPS Priority, it took about another 2 weeks for it to arrive. I live 1 hour from their location.. Finally got it in mid-December. Not sure, I'm going with Brazos in the future. 

Where do yall purchase Zero bullets from?
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy 1/7/2023, 10:18 am

Orion wrote:I also ordered 1500 rounds in October. Was told they shipped, waiting ~2 weeks and they didnt ship. Ashley told me there's only one person in the company that does shipping and that person was out sick. When they did ship it via USPS Priority, it took about another 2 weeks for it to arrive. I live 1 hour from their location.. Finally got it in mid-December. Not sure, I'm going with Brazos in the future. 

https://www.rozedist.com/

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 1/7/2023, 2:40 pm

Orion wrote:I also ordered 1500 rounds in October. Was told they shipped, waiting ~2 weeks and they didnt ship. Ashley told me there's only one person in the company that does shipping and that person was out sick. When they did ship it via USPS Priority, it took about another 2 weeks for it to arrive. I live 1 hour from their location.. Finally got it in mid-December. Not sure, I'm going with Brazos in the future. 

I’m 90 miles away in Austin. Next time you order I’ll do the same. We can meet in Hearne, pick up our orders, and get some bbq. Lol 

I do like their bullets and think this was a one time cluster for them. Will keep buying unless it becomes a pattern. In the past they’ve been great.

RodJ

brdrgrd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 1/23/2023, 3:54 pm

Team, any better luck recently with Brazos?
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy 1/23/2023, 4:35 pm

My Oct 8 2022 order was delivered on Sat 1/21. They put 4 bags of 45/160s in the USPS box by themselves. Not the box in a box technique like they used to do.  The USPS box did not hold up. it was broke down and the 4 bags of bullets were laying with it(ion top of and beside the box) in my parcel locker.  Fortunately the bags were all intact and no missing bullets. Bullets were fine no damage.
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 1/23/2023, 4:40 pm

farmboy wrote:My Oct 8 2022 order was delivered on Sat 1/21. They put 4 bags of 45/160s in the USPS box by themselves. Not the box in a box technique like they used to do.  The USPS box did not hold up. it was broke down and the 4 bags of bullets were laying with it(ion top of and beside the box) in my parcel locker.  Fortunately the bags were all intact and no missing bullets. Bullets were fine no damage.
I experienced the same recently. The single box was destroyed,bullet bags intact. I sent a picture to them.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Benoit 1/23/2023, 6:53 pm

Foundryratjim wrote:
farmboy wrote:My Oct 8 2022 order was delivered on Sat 1/21. They put 4 bags of 45/160s in the USPS box by themselves. Not the box in a box technique like they used to do.  The USPS box did not hold up. it was broke down and the 4 bags of bullets were laying with it(ion top of and beside the box) in my parcel locker.  Fortunately the bags were all intact and no missing bullets. Bullets were fine no damage.
I experienced the same recently. The single box was destroyed,bullet bags intact. I sent a picture to them.
I recv,d an email 1/13 that my order was being filled. Still nothing. Hopefully there,s not a trail of spilled bullets from Texas to RI.

Richard Benoit

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 1/23/2023, 8:03 pm

FWIW, I have purchased many thousands of bullets from Brazos. Never a complaint. Last few orders things were pretty slow getting them, but I got them.

In the past I had been buying many thousands of bullets from Bayou Bullets. After reading some of the most recent comments regarding Brazos, I just a two weeks ago ordered 2,500 bullets from Bayou Bullets. They arrived today.

IMO both are quality bullets. I have learned to be open to alternatives in the past few years as to bullets, powder and primers.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 1/24/2023, 11:49 am

I placed an order on 1/16 and they were showing "backorder". Just got a shipping notice today. 

That should put them here by the end of the week. We'll see!

Perhaps things are getting back to normal after the relocation.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Benoit 1/24/2023, 12:22 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:FWIW, I have purchased many thousands of bullets from Brazos. Never a complaint. Last few orders things were pretty slow getting them, but I got them.

In the past I had been buying many thousands of bullets from Bayou Bullets. After reading some of the most recent comments regarding Brazos, I just a two weeks ago ordered 2,500 bullets from Bayou Bullets. They arrived today.

IMO both are quality bullets. I have learned to be open to alternatives in the past few years as to bullets, powder and primers.
I Ransom Rested some Bayou 200lswc for a friend. Excellent bullet. That said, being a small business owner , I sympathize with Brazos . It can be very challenging trying to expand a business, especially in todays world . Also , I believe they are still a sponsor of this website , which is appreciated . The lack of communication is getting more than a little frustrating. I'm limited to about a 100 rnds on any loading session before my elbow starts to complain , if I don't see some bullets soon , I'll have to order somewhere else if I'm going to get my ammo inventory loaded before outdoor season starts.

Richard Benoit

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 1/25/2023, 12:42 am

I started this thread but I didn’t want it to turn into an ongoing complaint list. My order did arrive and the bullets were well packed in heavy plastic, sealed bags. I’m not giving up on them. Guessing that they spent a lot of money moving and made a big investment in new machines so it’d be terrible if they lost business and couldn’t make it. Their support of the sport is a big motivator for me to support them.

Oh and their hitek coating leaves my barrel free of lead. Love it.

RodJ

brdrgrd, Allgoodhits, djperry2 and sfcrobertson like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next