Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY)

+18
Vociferous
spursnguns
Wes Lorenz
james r chapman
DA/SA
Allgoodhits
Foundryratjim
SingleActionAndrew
farmboy
Orion
brdrgrd
Randy_D
Ray Dash
WesG
Richard Benoit
Greg Walloch
Jon Eulette
RodJ
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY) - Page 2 Empty Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY)

Post by RodJ Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Anyone else having trouble receiving an order or getting a hold of someone at Brazos Precision?  

I placed an order for a couple bags of 45 bullets on 11/21. Website said back orders would ship in 2-3 weeks. Website has shown that my order “shipped” on 12/21. Haven’t received it. Tracking info says label was created but package not delivered to / received by USPS. 

I’ve tried multiple times calling and using their web page contact form but no one has gotten back to me. 

Frustrating and disappointing, because their local and I’ve not had a problem with my prior two orders.

Last edited by RodJ on Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY) - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY)

Post by Foundryratjim Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:03 am

RodJ wrote:I started this thread but I didn’t want it to turn into an ongoing complaint list. My order did arrive and the bullets were well packed in heavy plastic, sealed bags. I’m not giving up on them. Guessing that they spent a lot of money moving and made a big investment in new machines so it’d be terrible if they lost business and couldn’t make it.  Their support of the sport is a big motivator for me to support them.

Oh and their hitek coating leaves my barrel free of lead. Love it.

I will second all of the above. I think its just growing pains and they will work through it...

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY) - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with Brazos Precision (SOLVED and HAPPY)

Post by DA/SA Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:45 am

Apparently, their practice is to print a shipping label which generates an email stating that the order was shipped when they initially enter the order into their system. 

Tracking the package shows that "a shipping label was created" and nothing more after two weeks from the email stating that the order was shipped.

It seems that it might be a better business practice to generate a "your order is being processed" email and not send out a "your order has shipped"  notification until the item actually ships!

Just a little constructive criticism!
DA/SA
DA/SA

301bruce likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Benoit Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:59 pm

DA/SA wrote:Apparently, their practice is to print a shipping label which generates an email stating that the order was shipped when they initially enter the order into their system. 

Tracking the package shows that "a shipping label was created" and nothing more after two weeks from the email stating that the order was shipped.

It seems that it might be a better business practice to generate a "your order is being processed" email and not send out a "your order has shipped"  notification until the item actually ships!

hi all , I finally did receive my order from 10/25/22. They are up and running, product is being shipped , be patient. I did contact them through the message board on their website , never recv'd a reply , but my motto is "Well done is better than well said".

Richard Benoit

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:21 pm

DA/SA wrote:Apparently, their practice is to print a shipping label which generates an email stating that the order was shipped when they initially enter the order into their system. 

If they cannot print their labels at the time of shipping and must print labels ~2 weeks ahead of time to keep up with orders then they have a major supply chain issue(s).
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:34 pm

Unrelated, but perhaps relevant. I ordered a new vehicle October 2022. Order was confirmed by manufacturer on 10/17/22. Vehicle went into production and was built on 11/28/22. The vehicle did not arrive at Ford dealer until February 3.  Things are a mess...
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:45 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:Unrelated, but perhaps relevant. I ordered a new vehicle October 2022. Order was confirmed by manufacturer on 10/17/22. Vehicle went into production and was built on 11/28/22. The vehicle did not arrive at Ford dealer until February 3.  Things are a mess...
also unrelated, I ordered a new Ford Maverick in October of 2021, still not even in production...

I'd say Brazos is doing ok.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Allgoodhits, Foundryratjim and RodJ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:53 pm

Just info:
I'm breaking in a 1911 and was loading a mis mash of leftover bullets.
I shot Brazos coated #68 bullets until they were gone and then switched to lead/greased #68's.
The recoil on the lead/greased bullets was noticeably higher which surprised me.

Wes Lorenz

Wes Lorenz and RodJ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:26 am

james r chapman wrote:
Allgoodhits wrote:Unrelated, but perhaps relevant. I ordered a new vehicle October 2022. Order was confirmed by manufacturer on 10/17/22. Vehicle went into production and was built on 11/28/22. The vehicle did not arrive at Ford dealer until February 3.  Things are a mess...
also unrelated, I ordered a new Ford Maverick in October of 2021, still not even in production...

....also unrelated....

According to two local Ford dealerships (San Francisco bay area) the Mavericks will not be in production until 2024.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by Vociferous Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:28 pm

Ford Maverick: That takes me back to the good 'ol days.  My Dad had one and it would not die.  Used to take it out on the lake in Winter.  I think it ran on regular.  Paired with the Ford LTD, well, lets say they don't make 'em like they used to.  And unfortuneatly, probably won't again.
Vociferous
Vociferous

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:08 pm

Wait you guys want new cars to be built to the same quality as 70's cars... Yeah I'd love to average 35 hp per liter of displacement and get 8mpg lol.

zanemoseley

STEVE SAMELAK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:46 am

Just my opinion but I think we should be fair and let Brazos answer the questions instead of all the speculation and bashing that is going on here.
I have never used their product and have been wanting to try some but as a possible new customer the comments here might deter me from buying so how many others are also and how much are you hurting one of our sponsors with these comments?
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:37 am

Rodger Barthlow wrote:Just my opinion but I think we should be fair and let Brazos answer the questions instead of all the speculation and bashing that is going on here.
I have never used their product and have been wanting to try some but as a possible new customer the comments here might deter me from buying so how many others are also and how much are you hurting one of our sponsors with these comments?

No one’s “bashing” anyone. Customers are disappointed in not getting their bullets within the lead times Brazos estimated. I’m assuming the few people that voiced their opinions in this post might likely repurchase their bullets, including myself.

Last edited by Orion on Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:42 am

What hurts isn’t the delay, it’s the lack of communication.  If a representative would have come on to a forum like this and said that there are delays due to “X”, the issue might not have been raised.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

djperry2 and Richard Benoit like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:18 pm

spursnguns wrote:
james r chapman wrote:

....also unrelated....

According to two local Ford dealerships (San Francisco bay area) the Mavericks will not be in production until 2024.

Jim
Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax, VA had at least one on February 3rd, 2023 when I picked up my F150. I know they go fast.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:30 pm

Rodger Barthlow wrote:Just my opinion but I think we should be fair and let Brazos answer the questions instead of all the speculation and bashing that is going on here.

Roger, I’m the OP and I have to agree with you to some extent. Its not hard to conflate complaints about communication with complaints about their product.  Thanks to your comment, I just revised the title of the original post!

To be clear, my issue was inability to get a return call or an email / website inquiry responded to. The reason I was trying to reach BP was because the website said one to two weeks to ship from the order date, the website showed my order as having been prepared and a shipping label created 4 or 5 weeks later (not a big deal to me), but the tracking at USPS showed that the package hadn’t been picked up for a week or so. So I emailed and called leaving messages.  And there was nothing on the website alerting me to problems.

So I inquired here, because a number of people like and use their bullets.

Im no expert on bullets, but I really like their hitek coated bullets in 45 acp.  They leave virtually no leading in my guns. They provide more bullets than you purchase, too.  And, the lady who answers the phone could not be nicer or more helpful. Plus they’re a sponsor of this forum!

Brazos had a perfect storm: recently relocating to a new facility in another city, lots of orders as usual, then a significant machine broke down, and then a Covid infection.  Must have been nuts and guessing they were 24/7 scrambling.

I’d encourage you to try their bullets. They sell sample packs, too, which is cool but currently sold out.

PM me your address and I’ll send you some 200 gr 45 acp LSWC bevel base to try out.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:53 pm

Thanks for the response to my post.
I have sent you a PM.
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

RodJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:53 pm

RodJ wrote:

I like them too and will buy more when they settle into their new shop. I used the 180gr coated for a season and found they were very accurate at 50yds.
My comment on feeling lower recoil with the coating (vs. LSWC) surprised me and is a +.

Wes Lorenz

RodJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 8eightring Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:26 pm

I will continue using Brazos 45 cal 165 SWC bullets if large pistol primers ever become readily available. Guess I could put some of my small primer 45 cases to good use now?
The 45 cal 165 SWC are great bullets. Just give Brazos some time to get back on schedule.
8eightring
8eightring

RodJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2