Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield XDM for Cmp/Eic

+13
estuck
Froneck
Wobbley
SW-52
messenger
rreid
JD Mahan
LenV
jglenn21
Jon Eulette
robert84010
Chris Miceli
lablover
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

springfield armory - Springfield XDM for Cmp/Eic  - Page 2 Empty Springfield XDM for Cmp/Eic

Post by lablover 12/3/2017, 11:04 am

First topic message reminder :

sent my 45 slide to KC to have a rail installed for a dot so it’s on the way to becoming a wad gun.  I’d like to give Cmp/Eic a try but another 1911is not in the budget. I do however have a Springfield XDM 9mm that shoots pretty well and would like to ask any here that have tried it what you had to do to make it competitive as well as and more importantly what loads you find work best.  I reload so I can reload anything.  I’m shooting 147 zeros and having pretty good luck but never tested at any real distances.

Perfect world I’d get another RO but that’s money i could use for powder, and bullseye stuff i still want. Like a new 9000 sc. Laughing

Look forward to any and all advice in this Cmp quest.

Joe
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

springfield armory - Springfield XDM for Cmp/Eic  - Page 2 Empty Re: Springfield XDM for Cmp/Eic

Post by JayhawkNavy02 1/2/2018, 11:01 am

Double Post (deleted)

Last edited by JayhawkNavy02 on 1/2/2018, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

springfield armory - Springfield XDM for Cmp/Eic  - Page 2 Empty Re: Springfield XDM for Cmp/Eic

Post by JayhawkNavy02 1/2/2018, 11:03 am

Here is the AMU setup.  I’ve done the same and really like it.  I use it as a loaner as I still like my 1911 more, but it’s a cheap way to points.

Here's the list to make an XD(M) easy to shoot and accurate. Not much really.

• Powder River Trigger Kit

• Powder River Striker - 9mm / OEM - 45 ACP (remove 5 - 7 thousandths) 

• Install narrow front sight (.115)

• Even stipple (single point - narrow) grips

• Weld up hood (length and width) & bottom flat pad - 5 - 10 thousandths (factory) or replace with KKM (9mm)

• Increase recoil spring weight to load

• If using factory barrel inspect and correct crown if required

• Replace roll pin with PRP, if older version.

Last edited by JayhawkNavy02 on 1/2/2018, 10:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzer 1/2/2018, 3:43 pm

So what about the .45 XDM?  Do the same things apply to it?

wizzer

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 4/1/2018, 12:00 am

lablover wrote:sent my 45 slide to KC to have a rail installed for a dot so it’s on the way to becoming a wad gun.  I’d like to give Cmp/Eic a try but another 1911is not in the budget. I do however have a Springfield XDM 9mm that shoots pretty well and would like to ask any here that have tried it what you had to do to make it competitive as well as and more importantly what loads you find work best.  I reload so I can reload anything.  I’m shooting 147 zeros and having pretty good luck but never tested at any real distances.

Perfect world I’d get another RO but that’s money i could use for powder, and bullseye stuff i still want. Like a new 9000 sc. Laughing

Look forward to any and all advice in this Cmp quest.

Joe
Did you ever get to take it out and try the new loads?

More XDM info here:  https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t5854p50-springfield-xdm-for-camp-perry
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 5/12/2018, 5:24 am

Hey Len, sorry for the late response. In short, no.  I have not been to the range in forever!  We’ve had a few guys at work quit and my workload has gotten to the point of the ridiculous.  Now that has changed so I’m trying to get back on track.  Thanks for the new link.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten 5/13/2018, 12:46 am

Wizzer was asking about the 45 acp XDM, I don't know about that one but I have an XD in 45 acp that I had the trigger replaced.  I was having a lot of trouble shooting it well with ball ammo and thought it might be the gun so I tried it two handed just to make sure I was holding it still and the first 3 shots went in a group the size of a quarter right in the middle of the X ring at 25 yards.  Of course then I got excited and sprayed the next 7 all over the target.  I now know that it is me not the gun.  I think the light weight frame and full power loads are a lot harder to shoot than my 1911 with light loads.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 12/16/2020, 4:46 pm

Bill Springfield did a good job with the barrel was it noticeably more accurate?
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2