Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free target scoring site

+8
Allen Barnett
Cheapshot
willnewton
mspingeld
Slartybartfast
dronning
kjanracing
donpr
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Free target scoring site - Page 2 Empty Free target scoring site

Post by donpr Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello all,

A new member here, and relatively new bullseye target shooter. I don't want to post incorrectly, so please forgive me if this is the wrong forum.

As I said, I'm a fairly new shooter. Not new to addition, but I added a couple or targets incorrectly, and that's embarrassing, so I created software to do it for me. If anyone is interested in that sort of thing, feel free to have a look at http://targettally.com. It should work on all your smartphones and tablets. Nothing to download. Completely free.

regards,

Don in TO

donpr

Back to top Go down

Free target scoring site - Page 2 Empty Re: Free target scoring site

Post by dronning Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:46 pm

LenV wrote:Here is a trick I am sure most old shooters do. I never add up the score. I only add up the shots that are not 10s and then only add up the difference between the shot and a 10. This is a super fast way to figure the score in your head while your posting the score card. Example: 7, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, X, X would be scored(in head) 3+3+2+1+1 or 10. 100-10 = 90. Everyone can add up those simple numbers in their head. The only time it gets a little tougher is scoring someone that has difficulty keeping shots on paper. Then it is just easier to add up the score. Just my .02 about scoring.

Len
^^ This

Don, do not get sucked into "scope creep" your app does a good job of adding up a score that has been entered on the score card and I would leave it at that because that's what 99% of the people that would use your app want.  

I think your app as it stands is awesome, I use Lens method above but for scores that have a lot of 5's, 6's and 7's I just ask Siri to add the numbers as I read them off the card then I count the X's and enter that too.  
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2