Magwell on 1911

Go down

Magwell on 1911

Post by Sheriff1962 on 8/16/2018, 2:18 pm

Are magwells allowed in cmp matches ?

Sheriff1962

Posts : 123
Join date : 2018-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by cdrt on 8/16/2018, 3:37 pm

They are not listed as a legal modification.
avatar
cdrt

Posts : 473
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Amarillo, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by Sheriff1962 on 8/16/2018, 4:01 pm

Thank You.  Is there a straight forward list of 1911 modifications that are  allowed in CMP NMC ?

Sheriff1962

Posts : 123
Join date : 2018-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by LenV on 8/16/2018, 4:27 pm

Yes, they are allowed if original equipment. That is not just an opinion. Rob got a letter back from CMP verifying that statement.

Len

http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t3886-new-eic-acceptable-pistols
avatar
LenV

Posts : 3220
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 68
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by Sheriff1962 on 8/16/2018, 4:53 pm

Thank You.   Original equipment how? I have a SA Custom pistol from the 90's.  Have no idea if they build it that way or not.

Sheriff1962

Posts : 123
Join date : 2018-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by LenV on 8/16/2018, 6:15 pm

Now I get to opine. In my opinion if one is legal they are all legal. Could you imagine having your pistol inspected and having it rejected for a magwell and the person behind you gets his approved? Because the original cost more? Also could you imagine the BS involved in verifying that a model did or did not come with a certain mainspring housing? No. Once that genie was out of the bottle magwells became a non issue. That is my opinion of course.

Len
avatar
LenV

Posts : 3220
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 68
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by cdrt on 8/16/2018, 6:33 pm

LenV wrote:Yes, they are allowed if original equipment. That is not just an opinion. Rob got a letter back from CMP verifying that statement.
Len
http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t3886-new-eic-acceptable-pistols
I knew there as a thread out there, when I first opined on this question, that if it came from the factory that way, it was okay, but I could not find it using the search engine.

As a match director, my main concern is that the pistol is safe and that the trigger makes weight.  As I have stated before, the CMP went overboard on what pistols are legal for the Service Pistol EIC match.  Since the rule change, I still get a majority shooting either a 1911 or an M92.  If they had just relaxed the rule on what was legal with the 1911, it would have made things easier for match directors and the competitors, as well.
avatar
cdrt

Posts : 473
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Amarillo, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by Sheriff1962 on 8/16/2018, 7:22 pm

Trigger must brake 4lb every time too?

Sheriff1962

Posts : 123
Join date : 2018-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by james r chapman on 8/16/2018, 7:47 pm

Sheriff1962 wrote:Trigger must brake 4lb every time too?
Well, 2 outa 3 anyway.
and, if you get the new Army guy to test it, he'll set it to 4 3/4#..lol
avatar
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 2846
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 69
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by Jon Eulette on 8/16/2018, 9:17 pm

james r chapman wrote:
Sheriff1962 wrote:Trigger must brake 4lb every time too?
Well, 2 outa 3 anyway.
and, if you get the new Army guy to test it, he'll set it to 4 3/4#..lol
Lol ha ha lol lmao
Jon
avatar
Jon Eulette

Posts : 2179
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Southern Kalifornia

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by Ed Hall on 8/16/2018, 11:08 pm

cdrt wrote:I knew there as a thread out there, when I first opined on this question, that if it came from the factory that way, it was okay, but I could not find it using the search engine.
...
Try this method of search for better results:

In your favorite search engine, enter the term and then site:bullseye.net after the term.  It will work much better than the site's search feature.

Example:

magwell site:bullseyeforum.net

Ed Hall

Posts : 596
Join date : 2012-09-10
Location : Adirondack Mountains

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by cdrt on 8/17/2018, 7:24 am

Ed Hall wrote:
cdrt wrote:I knew there as a thread out there, when I first opined on this question, that if it came from the factory that way, it was okay, but I could not find it using the search engine.
...
Try this method of search for better results:

In your favorite search engine, enter the term and then site:bullseye.net after the term.  It will work much better than the site's search feature.

Example:

magwell site:bullseyeforum.net
Thanks.
avatar
cdrt

Posts : 473
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Amarillo, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Magwell on 1911

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum