Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accuracy X

+16
sean10mm
SmokinNJokin
8eightring
1joel1
mpolans
Wobbley
LenV
Steve B
lablover
Jwhelan939
zanemoseley
SW-52
james r chapman
dronning
Chris Miceli
GaryWWhite
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Accuracy X  - Page 2 Empty Accuracy X

Post by GaryWWhite Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Folks,

Am contemplating purchasing one of Accuracy X's pistols.  I really know nothing about them except what I've read on the internet, their youtube videos and FaceBook.  The owner called me today (on a Sunday) and was extremely nice answering all my questions.  I have found by internet search that he is an accomplished pistol and rifle shot having won many competitions and other awards.  His product looks first class and every part is stated to be made completely in the USA with absolutely no MIM or cast parts.  I don't know if he makes all his own parts but he does state that they make the frame and slide I determined.  I just can't find much about the Company no matter how much I have researched it on line.  I have always had Wilson Combat pistols but wanted something a little more customized to be a EDC gun.  I understand from what I have read and viewed that Accuracy X is known big time on the Precision Pistol circuit.  Hey guys, I'm just trying not to get bamboozled here and caught up in what might be a lot of hype.  Thanks in advance for kind responses.
Gary

GaryWWhite

Back to top Go down

Accuracy X  - Page 2 Empty Re: Accuracy X

Post by SmokinNJokin Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Not to derail the conversation, BUT... 75th Ranger Regiment, most SF oda’s, and the organization-formerly-known-as-delta all carry glocks. I love 1911’s, but its not what im going to reach for when WW3 kicks off.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by sean10mm Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:18 pm

My rationale for choosing the 1911 for self defense is simple - I personally shoot it better than anything else.  

I don't care what elite military units use, I'm not pretending to be a SEAL when I'm out getting a sandwich or whatever.  I'm also not carrying around an M4 carbine as my primary weapon in day to day life.  Also I don't subject my guns to ridiculous abuse.  So none of that BUT WHAT IS THE ULTIMATE WARFIGHTER GUN?!?! stuff is relevant.  

If I was a government agency issuing in bulk I'd probably pick a Glock too, but I'm not.  OR AM I?!?   geek

sean10mm

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Yeah I hear you, I have the most trigger time on a 1911 too, i carry it occasionally just because I love it. Most effective weapon system be damned. And the reason those above mentioned units carry the Glock is because it’s cheap, easy to work on and always goes bang.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryWWhite Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered the gun in 45 ACP with the Trijicon RMR and co-witness sights.  I am getting the gun in stainless with a black finish.  Also, when received I am going to order some Ivory grips to offset the gun.  I am 68 years old and have always wanted these.  Just say this was on my "bucket list"!  
I'm sure I'll be happy with it and know that if I'm not in the black that it's not the gun for sure. lol!

GaryWWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Regardless, it’s going to look bad ass. And I’m sure it will shoot just fine :-)

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Congratulations on the purchase.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye58 Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:00 pm

I am a long time friend and customer of KC Crawford (retired USMC GYSGT 2112). He makes a spectacular 1911 .45 made for EIC service Pistol or wad gun for Bullseye. I would very much recommend his services. He is a super friendly guy who is very responsive to all his customers.
Bullseye58
Bullseye58

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:07 pm

GaryWWhite wrote:Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered the gun in 45 ACP with the Trijicon RMR and co-witness sights.  I am getting the gun in stainless with a black finish.  Also, when received I am going to order some Ivory grips to offset the gun.  I am 68 years old and have always wanted these.  Just say this was on my "bucket list"!  
I'm sure I'll be happy with it and know that if I'm not in the black that it's not the gun for sure. lol!
Congrats & enjoy!  The hard part starts now - waiting!!!

Ivory grips would be killer, may I suggest you go all in and get one's made from Mammoth Ivory - it's not like they are going extinct Wink

https://www.boonetrading.com/collections/1911-mammoth-ivory-grips
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Congrats, can't wait for Steve to post the video of him testing at 1,000 yd.  Laughing 

If it is for every day carry, wouldn't ivory be slightly slippery on hot, humid days?
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryWWhite Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Don't know if I'll EDC this gun but will definitely shoot Bullseye with it.  I really don't know if Ivory is slippery when wet.  This will give something to Google.  I do know that Ken Hackathorn EDC's his Wilson Combat with Ivories.

GaryWWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by blindshooter Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:38 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting and competing with Steve Huff in the late 90's. He is a stand up guy and I would have no hesitation buying from his company.

blindshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryWWhite Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi Folks,
Just an addendum to my Accuracy X purchase.  I have decided to hell with it, I'm going to have a "goin' to a meeting" type EDC and have changed calibers back to 10mm and eliminated the Trijicon RMR for adjustable tritium night sights.  I'm going to have the stainless steel finished in a high dollar never wear super black finish and have the externals like the slide stop, magazine release, mag well, main spring housing, trigger and hammer left in the natural stainless.  My Wilson Combat is fit something like this. Talking with Steve convinced me of this space age coating for my gun and precipitated all these changes. I'm still going to put on the Ivory grips and holster this in a nice good leather IWB holster.  I want to thank all of you for your kind contributions to my purchase.

Gary

GaryWWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:54 pm

10mm how boring. Everyone has a 10mm. You want a 45 Super or 45 Magnum. Well maybe it's me that wants one or both of those. Rolling Eyes

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/610865/starline-reloading-brass
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Accuracy X  - Page 2 Empty Accuracy X pistols

Post by OldShooter43 Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Interesting posts here.  I'm not sure where some of the info has come from here, but an Accuracy x, Pro Series Guardian model has a base price of $3198 in .45 ACP.  You can also get one in 9mm or .38 Super for $150 - $200 more.  I spent a fair amount of time talking with Steve Huff and his wife at the Camp Perry matches this year and they're really great people.  As some may recall, I gave one of his Pro Plus pistols away as an award this year.  I also own one of his Pro Series pistols with multi-sight options in 9mm.  It's a fantastic pistol. The Guardian model may be "a bit pricey" but there a lot of folks on other 1911 forums who've shelled out a lot more for an EDC pistol.  It comes down to personal choice and preference.  If I didn't already have three pistols that I carry on a regular basis, I wouldn't hesitate to get one of Steve's Guardian pistols in .38 Super (my favorite caliber).

Last edited by OldShooter43 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Model correction)

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

Post by OldShooter43 Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:52 pm

Wow.  Hard to keep up with the changes.  Congrats, Gary.  I think you'll really be happy with your Accuracy X.  Now you need to get set up to load 10mm ammo.  The nice thing is that you can "down load" it for range practice and "up load" it for self defense and hunting purposes. Enjoy!

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Check out Garret or Tucker gunleather for very good carry holsters fitting for a $5k pistol.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2